cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramesh
Astronaut

Pixel flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got my Note 10+ and found that there is pixel flickering on the right side of the front facing camera. The flickering happens only during phone calls and it stops when I change it into loudspeaker. Which means the ear piece speaker is causing the pixel to flicker. Is anyone else having the same issue??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Pixel flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ramesh hi there! Fear not, as this is merely the proximity sensor. 🙂 Hope you love your new phone! 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ramesh hi there! Fear not, as this is merely the proximity sensor. 🙂 Hope you love your new phone! 

userq2PSjLOGIM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. Wondering if Samsung has a solution to it. Very disappointing! I have been a loyal note fan from last so many years, first time facing an issue like that. I am sure Samsung is gonna find a solution to it soon...

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userq2PSjLOGIM there is no problem. This pixel is the proximity sensor underneath the screen. 🙂

userZC5eqZGzoj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same thing. The problem with the other answer that it is "a sensor" is hard for me to wrap my head around. Here is why... I went into the Verizon store today to show them this problem because I called Samsung and they had no clue what it could be. So as I walked in I was waiting my turn and I took the time to check all the note 10 models out that they had on display. Every one of them the note 10 the 10+ and the 10+ 5G had it on the screen.... BUT it was not intermittent like mine. Mine does not only happen when I call (and it's not every time I call) it also happens in other screens as well and it comes and goes. Sometimes I won't see it all day and the next day it happens on and off. Well the models at verizon were permanently showing no matter what screen you were in. Calling or not calling. I was told it was a software issue and we needed to wait until samsung gets an update to fix it. I am not tech savvy at all. I don't know if it is the sensor like someone commented but why would it be intermittent on mine and be a permanent flickering circle on the models at the store that never get turned off? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZC5eqZGzoj it's definitely the proximity sensor. Some differences that you noticed may be due to the accidental touch protection in the display settings being on or off on the models in the store. Do you have this setting enabled by chance? 

pitbulldog911
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

M iko me did same thang today , rebooted and it went away