cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Pixel flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got my Note 10+ and found that there is pixel flickering on the right side of the front facing camera. The flickering happens only during phone calls and it stops when I change it into loudspeaker. Which means the ear piece speaker is causing the pixel to flicker. Is anyone else having the same issue??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Pixel flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ramesh hi there! Fear not, as this is merely the proximity sensor. πŸ™‚ Hope you love your new phone! 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ramesh hi there! Fear not, as this is merely the proximity sensor. πŸ™‚ Hope you love your new phone! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. Wondering if Samsung has a solution to it. Very disappointing! I have been a loyal note fan from last so many years, first time facing an issue like that. I am sure Samsung is gonna find a solution to it soon...

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userq2PSjLOGIM there is no problem. This pixel is the proximity sensor underneath the screen. πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a problem, as it's not a  wanted effect, but rather an unwanted byproduct of the pixel getting excited by the radiation of the proximity sensor. 

It could be ok for a while, but most surely reduce the lifetime of that pixel.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I have just got my S20+,

I also have the same thing in a similar place but slightly lower is this the same proximity sensor? If not I will take it to my local Samsung store. 

Thanks. Screenshot_20200315-214349_Video Player.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The led is an unwanted byproduct of the proximity sensor radiating on (am)oled screen pixels.

This byproduct is not visible on LCD screen versions of the phone.

It's also not visible on a screen capture, which means it's not written through software!

The radio waves excite the pixel, causing the unwanted byproduct or effect, of the pixel lighting up.

Another way you know it's an unwanted byproduct,  and not a Samsung design, is that the pixel is off center with the top menu.

If it would be a Samsung design, they would have created an icon to mask the byproduct of the pixel, and make it look better. Eg: an icon of an eye, indicating the proximity sensor. 

It is my belief that this pixel is the first pixel to die or bleach out over time. This radiation is not a good thing for the pixel on your screen.

You are right in worrying about it,

This pixel shouldn't be there, and is a manufacture flaw!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservxsICvTpki thank you for that very thorough scientific explaination. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, it's not the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor is behind the pixel.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same thing. The problem with the other answer that it is "a sensor" is hard for me to wrap my head around. Here is why... I went into the Verizon store today to show them this problem because I called Samsung and they had no clue what it could be. So as I walked in I was waiting my turn and I took the time to check all the note 10 models out that they had on display. Every one of them the note 10 the 10+ and the 10+ 5G had it on the screen.... BUT it was not intermittent like mine. Mine does not only happen when I call (and it's not every time I call) it also happens in other screens as well and it comes and goes. Sometimes I won't see it all day and the next day it happens on and off. Well the models at verizon were permanently showing no matter what screen you were in. Calling or not calling. I was told it was a software issue and we needed to wait until samsung gets an update to fix it. I am not tech savvy at all. I don't know if it is the sensor like someone commented but why would it be intermittent on mine and be a permanent flickering circle on the models at the store that never get turned off?