cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Play Store Apps don't update and missing notifications unless Bluetooth is turned off

I have a Note 10+ (SM-N975U1) running stock Pie and Dec 1 2019 update, I have been experiencing 2 issues for the last month or so

• Notifications for some apps are delayed
  • App updates hang on Google Play Store

For the app updates, they stall with "Download Pending" or the download stalls with <100% complete.

Resolution steps that have NOT worked
Clearing cache and data for Google Play Store
Rebooting phone
Rebooting into Safe Mode
Changing from Wifi to Cell Network Data and vice versa
Stop/starting app updates

Current Workarounds

1. Closing/swiping the Google Play Store and opening it again. It will eventually complete downloading after multiple attempts and install/update an app - you will have to repeat this continuously for every app you want to install or update. However, this does NOT resolve the missed notifications.
  2. Turning Bluetooth off and rebooting the phone. This fixes all issues (apps update and all notifications received) until I turn Bluetooth back on.

I don't have Dynamic Lock (Windows 10) or Smart Lock enabled but I am struggling to find a permanent fix to this.

My only potential resolution is to wait for the Android 10 update to come and see if that fixes it or do a full factory reset after the Android 10 update comes out.

Appreciate any help.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Play Store Apps don't update and missing notifications unless Bluetooth is turned off

This is still happening after the Android 10 update.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Play Store Apps don't update and missing notifications unless Bluetooth is turned off

Sameproblem right here... S10 with Android 10.

Already did a factory reset but the issue remaisn... The problem seems to be with bluetooth... 

Asteroid

Re: Play Store Apps don't update and missing notifications unless Bluetooth is..

Have you try resetting the settings of the google play store to it's default settings? Also, can you check which version of the google play store you have? I had a similar issue on another phone (non-samsung) so I just reinstalled an up todate version of the google play store and that fixed the problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Play Store Apps don't update and missing notifications unless Bluetooth is..

Already tried to reset the settings from google play store, but the problem remains.

The only workout is to turn off the Bluetooth...

Google Play Store version is 17.9.17-all [0] [PR] 284629082

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try: clear cache and data for the Google Play services, Google Play Store, and Google Services Framework? Then go into your accounts and sign out of your Google Account, then restart the phone and re-sign into the Google account.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Already did that but the problem remains

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Give this a try: clear cache and data for the Google Play services, Google Play Store, and Google Services Framework? Then go into your accounts and sign out of your Google Account, then restart the phone and re-sign into the Google account.

Same for me no difference- after clearing cache and data and re-signing in. This didn't happen with my Note 8 or Note 5....only with my Note 10+

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try wiping the cache partition on the device and see if that helps any.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Try wiping the cache partition on the device and see if that helps any.

No joy here. In fact I had tried that before when I spoke with a Samsung support representative.

We need to raise this up to the Samsung engineering team.