cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Please remove Qihoo 360 from Device Care

You can technically disable it with adb and use a different solution for cleaning up. It's what I did.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Sliquid wrote:

You can technically disable it with adb and use a different solution for cleaning up. It's what I did.

Hi, @Sliquid

Is the Storage utility the only software from Qihoo 360 in Device Care?  I think the antivirus and antivirus scanner is provided by McAfee? 

Can you disable only the Storage utility (Qihoo 360) in Device Care, or do you have to disable Device Care and lose the antivirus and battery utilities? 

Will you please post the apk file name for the Storage utility if it may be disabled or uninstalled?  I checked the XDA forum, and could only find the apk file name for Device Care.  

Will Android apps that provide info for battery and storage function if Device Care is disabled or uninstalled?

Thank you!  

Highlighted
Astronaut

I trust the issues listed above. It feels like a "fox inside the henhouse" trouble, given the problems with Qihoo360 in the past that I have used on my store of cyberpunk clothes. Why rely on a agency with this sort of records for core software which cannot be eliminated?