cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash363
Constellation

Power Button Placement

Hey guys, I currently don't own a Note 10, but I wanted to bring something to light for samsung and its consumers. Before the Note 10 variants, almost every samsung device had the power button on the right hand side of the phone, after the Note 10, both variants had it on the left side, I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how this will affect future models as I, and many more individuals I know have always preferred it on the right hand side for convenience. 

It is a lot easier to double tap the power button if it is on the right side to quickly launch the camera if needed, since most people are right handed. Also, this is what a lot of us loyal Samsung consumers are used to, so I guess I'm looking for backing here when I say to Samsung to please maintain the placement of the power button on the right hand side. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Spicoli_SGT
Cosmic Ray

Re: Power Button Placement

I was VERY skeptical of this design before I bought the Note 10+, however after 3 days of use it became second nature learning to use the power button on the other side. The way I hold the phone,

Spicoli_SGT
Cosmic Ray

Oops... The way I hold the phone, my middle finger is right over the power button on the left hand side, and to take screen shots I just slide my hand up slightly and use my middle finger and ring finger to simultaneously press the volume down and power at the same time. I'm so used to it by now that when I pick up my old Note 8 I'm continuously pressing the Bixby button trying to lock the screen

MyWifeandKids
Constellation

Right side button fan also. Let's start a Right side button revolution. We can get tshirts made and give out bumper stickers to gain support but all jokes aside, I like the right side power button access.

userhHRaRdVXD9
Constellation

I have the Note 10 + with sprint and I don't have a side power button. On the left I have volume and Bixby. To power it off I have to slide down my top screen and hit the power button. It's nice for me because I dont turn my phone off. I just rest it once a week

KickxAsh
Constellation

Right side power button is best for me cuz hold my phone in my left hand and use right hand for touchscreen. LoL I have used many of Samsung's phones tablets accessories appliances etc. over the years ever since switched from the Apple iPhone. I can honestly say the only issues I've got with these newer models is the Bixby button on the left. Ain't ever used Bixby before they added this button and will continue to not use Bixby after they've added the button !!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I guess I am in the other camp. I really enjoy not having the power button on the right side. I was always unintentionally clicking it and causing the screen to lock. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yeah, I will have to disagree with the OP as well. I actually prefer the power button on the left side. This way all the buttons are on one side of the phone, and I can place it on the right side when watching videos and adjust volume without accidentally turning the screen off. You can also turn the phone on by double tapping the screen, and do the same to turn it off with a help of a decent launcher.

Either way though, I think we shouldn't worry about it all too much as physical buttons going away will surely be the next big thing in smartphone design. It's already happening in China.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung_4co3rZ6
Astronaut

Totally agree