cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV2okeWvw7F
Astronaut

Proximity Sensor Always Flashing

I know people have had this issue before but none of the solutions worked for me. It's always flashing unless I turn off my phone. It doesn't react to me blocking it so I don't think its actually on, just the light. I don't have Always On Display on so it's not that, and I haven't downloaded anything that's asked me for my camera or phone so I don't think it's malware or whatever.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Proximity Sensor Always Flashing

Do you have facial recognition turned on in your settings for your lock screen or biometrics?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

BB-
Constellation

Same here, and I think it started after latest UPDATE.  It is haircut when the phone is also unlocked and open.  For example, right now as I am typing this in Chrome. 

S10 on USA T-Mobile.20200104_095224.jpg

userQUhpu56xxy
Constellation

I also have this issue.  Didn't notice until most recent update.   I do use facial recognition. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you turn of facial recognition do you still experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCK0reGMlJk
Constellation

@SamsungAdam wrote:

If you turn of facial recognition do you still experience these symptoms?

I have the same issue and facial recognition is turned off

userAV7eBaHLYW
Constellation

I have the Galaxy s10, I updated the system yesterday and ever since there head been a green light blinking. I do not use facial recognition or the always on feature, and it is constantly blinking whether or not I'm making a phone call. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userAV7eBaHLYW Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

userWICsBKrFqx
Constellation

Same here. Its honestly really annoying and if there isnt a fix to it ill just have to trade this in and get something else.

userg9g1P0C8zE
Astronaut

I'm getting this too, only in the past 3 or 4 days I noticed it. Really annoying