cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vantastic
Asteroid

Purchased in Vietnam, AOD and Lock Screen stuck with Lunar calendar

I just bought a Note 10 plus.  Yay.  It's everything I wanted it to be.... but I bought it in Vietnam and now there is a Lunar calendar below the regular date in the AOD, lock screen, and probably elsewhere.  I've gone into the Samsung calendar and removed all alternate calendars. I finally got a response from an associate in Samsung Members (Samsung VN) who told me it can't be removed. 

Does anyone have any insight into this? Perhaps there's some kind of backway solution (without rooting) or whether Samsung will fix this in the future? This doesn't affect the functionality of course, it's a minor hiccup on an otherwise amazing phone... but for this kind of money, it seems like a major oversight. 

4 REPLIES 4
dib-dibs
Constellation

Have you tried from Calendar > Settings icon > Alternativ...

Have you tried from Calendar > Settings icon > Alternative calendar > None? If that doesn't work, I can only assume it's been hard coded into Samsung's software per region.

Vantastic
Asteroid

Re: Have you tried from Calendar > Settings icon > Alternativ...

Yes, I've tried that.  And yes, I'm thinking that too. I'm just hoping someone has some crazy solution.  Thanks though. 

Highlighted
Samsung_lexy
Astronaut

Re: Purchased in Vietnam, AOD and Lock Screen stuck with Lunar calendar

Wow

userHL9Ev7V2Pi
Astronaut

Re: Purchased in Vietnam, AOD and Lock Screen stuck with Lunar calendar

Hi, just checking if you sorted the issue as i'm also in the same issue with an S10 dual.

Lunar calendar just stuck in the AOD and lock screen.