cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Question About "Wipe Cache Partition".

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Again, missing the whole question.

Thank you for trying though.

You're talking about just the INTERNET BROWSER cache and history.

I'm talking about the PHONE SYSTEM CACHE, that you can clear with the PHONE'S REBOOT MENU.

And what is the difference between that and clearing out temporary files with the DEVICE CARE FEATURE.

All three of which I know how to perform.

No tutorial needed.

MY QUESTION is asking the difference between the DEVICE CARE FEATURE and CLEARING THE SYSTEM CACHE WITH THE PHONE'S REBOOT MENU.

I'm sensing you have no idea what I'm talking about, as you are just stuck on trying to be relevant with your basic tip on clearing THE INTERNET BROWSER cache and history.

Again, thank you for trying, but please stop.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm thinking that clearing the temp files in device care just removes temp files from programs you use daily, while clearing the system cache removes the temp files saved by system apps and their temp settings.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get this idea from the fact that they tell you to backup your device before clearing the system cache when installing a new operating system so it works properly with your installed programs.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wiping the cache partition is clearing the used RAM in the system.  The frees up the system overall,  but apps running in the background need to start from scratch (refresh). Clearing temporary files closes or deletes those files from memory.  It goes a bit deeper than clearing the cache partition .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jamess467 wrote:

Wiping the cache partition is clearing the used RAM in the system.  The frees up the system overall,  but apps running in the background need to start from scratch (refresh). Clearing temporary files closes or deletes those files from memory.  It goes a bit deeper than clearing the cache partition .

Thank you James.

I marked this as the solution being it makes the most sense and I follow it for the most part.

Follow up question though.

If clearing temporary files with the device care feature "goes a bit deeper", then would you say this negates the need to clear the cache partition in the reboot menu?

Or what does clearing the cache partition do that clearing the temporary files in device care does not?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jamess467 wrote:

No offence meant - but that's nonsense. See

https://drfone.wondershare.com/erase-android/wipe-cache-partition.html

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google it!😊

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As you can see, starting to get my answers here to a much more in depth inquiry about two seemingly similar processes than a quick Google search can explain the differences between.

Kind of the whole point of this community? 😊

Screenshot_20191223-221311_Samsung Internet.jpg

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@John79x wrote:

Wondering what the differences, if any, are between wiping the cache partition in the reboot menu and just clearing out temporary files with the device care feature might be?

The cache partition is used by the android update process to cache data related to the android apps. Its contents won't be affected by a reboot and therefore has to be wiped with this special process from the recovery mode should the need arise. Which is often the case if after an update something doesn't work as it should, e.g. my S9 not recognizing its Clear View Standng Cover.