cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Quick Decline Messages Not Appearing in Message History

Hi,

On my Note 8 Plus, Quick Decline Messages would show up in the appropriate message history thread. 

On my Note 10 Plus, this doesn't happen.

Any one know how to adjust the settings so it records the Quick Decline Message response in SMS message history?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Quick Decline Messages Not Appearing in Message History

Hey @user9ZQ8OifNIC how's your morning so far? Sorry to hear that this feature isn't so easily accessible on your Note 10+ there are a couple of work arounds for this. 

The first is of you're using the Stock Samsung Messages app; you can program quick responses tailored to various replies that you may need. To do this open your messages app> tap the three dots on the right side which will take you to tue messages settings> next tap "more settings"> "quick responses" this may not be exactly the feature you're talking about but this will allow you to tailor the replies to various sms. 

The second way which sounds more like what you're looking to accomplish would be through the Google Messages app. This requires you to change your stock messages app to Google Messages which has A.I. responses built-in to be able to do "Smart reply" which is what this feature is called.  Once you have Google Messages enabled; you'll want to go to the settings by once again tapping the three dots on the right side of the screen> this will take you to the Google Messages settings> next tap "suggestions in chat"> next you'll want to toggle "smart reply" on. This uses A.I. to scan through the SMS you recieve to give quick replies. 

I hope you find this to be a good solution for what you're looking to do.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the response, but this doesn't help.

I use Verizon's Message+. When I use Quick Decline Messages for incoming phone calls, there is no record of the SMS being sent in my message thread. I didn't have this problem with my Note 8 Plus.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user9ZQ8OifNIC Ah i see, sorry for the confusion. Have you tried testing this feature while in safe mode with networking features on? 

And are the recipients still able to see the quick responses on their end? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having same issue and actually have similar thread for my Samsung S9 with no response from Samsung. Recipients are able to see response. I have tried the Samsung messages app and Google messages app. Both have same issue - so a Samsung issue? Verizon issue?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

could be verizon messages+ app issue? have you contacted verizon? and what's your vzw messages+ app version?