cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Random Alert Noise

So out of the blue, my Note 10+ starts making a random alert noise that I have never heard before. I have searched the internet for assistance and tried many different things. I have rebooted my phone, tried turning off notifications on different apps and eventually all apps but the noise persisted. If I do put it in "do not disturb" mode it does not make the noise anymore. I am at a loss for what to do next. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Random Alert Noise

Hello @Corv,

I understand the situation can be very irritating. My suggestion would to uninstall and reinstall any apps you recently downloaded around the origin time of the problem. It's definitely a software-related issue and it may be the culprit of an application. However, if that doesn't solve the issue you may want to try and reset all settings.

Hope this was helpful!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have not downloaded any apps within the last 3 months. It makes sense that it all started with the last update I received. I have already done a complete reboot and nothing works. Is there a way to reinstall the old software version? Maybe that will work until the next iteration comes out.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Finally me too. Started after the last security update 2 days ago. It's a Ringtone noise. If you turn the ringtone volume down it gets quieter the other sliders have no effect. I've done all the known troubleshooting allready. Dont want to restore if I dont have to, worried if i do the backup will put what ever is causing it right back. Still no idea how to fix it though. And just to add I haven't installed anything new recently. And I've went through all installed apps looking for that sound.

Highlighted
Asteroid

DO NOT FACTORY RESET!!!

I just open the same topic hous ago, my phone started doing it yesterday and keep going. In my case its not a ring tone, its a different sound. Reading last years post ppl said it was the NFC but it isnt, I turn off all notifications, unistall all app, factory reset and still same problem.

Plz if someone have any clues before I brake my phone.

Tnks

Highlighted
Asteroid

I didnt say it was a ringtone. I said the ringtone volume control controls its volume. It sounds like a notification sound. And I'm ready to break my phone too, trust me lol it's like a horn with a chime at the end.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Updates

So I did the following and found my problem;

Put the phone on safe mode and leave it alone to see if it stops. If it does like in my case now restart and start to delete 1 app (not the once factory intall) at a time and keep doing it till it stops and youll find the problem.

In my case it was a stupid game I had called state of survival. Delted it no more alerts all back to normal.

Hope it helps you.

FYI it doesnt need to be some new app, it could be an old app that had and update with a bug.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Your a genius, I haven't verified it yet but I do play that game. I looked at there reviews and yes alot of bad reviews because of the sound notification  on people's phones.  Supposedly the new update today fixed it.  Thanks again and I hope that was it. I will update tomorrow if it's good to go.