cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Random apps causing battery drain Note 10+

I've had issues with my note 10+ from day 1. My husband has the same phone(different color), same network, purchased at exact same time.... and absolutely none of the issues I have encountered.  It began with signal issues, both wifi and cellular data(we are on Sprint). Then I began getting issues from the phone constantly updating PRL and profile... to the point of being unusable. My samsung store is messed up(I attribute that tech support who had no idea what the error code I recieved meant...), and I have just been dealing with it. I have a signal maybe 10% of the time my husband does, and we are together 24/7. About a month or so ago.. after the September update, I began getting a notification that The Weather Channel was draining too much battery and needed to be put to sleep. We travel for work, so.. no. Instead, after 3 or 4 days of that notification, I simply deleted the app. Problem solved! At least that's what I thought. I did re-download the weather channel app, a couple days ago as we needed accurate radar for our travels. Same thing happened, so I decided to uninstall it, again. No more battery issues! Until this morning, AFTER I opened a different app that I have had on my phone since day 1 and is connected to our work. Now IT all the sudden has high battery usage. Not before today, ever. 

Does anyone have a similar issue? If so, what did you do to remedy it, short of deleting apps? 
I kinda feel like it's going to run the gamut and do this with every single app. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Random apps causing battery drain Note 10+

I am aware of these settings. These apps have to run in the background in order to work properly. Putting them to sleep will not be an acceptable solution.
Highlighted
Astronaut

if the phone is under a year since bought, its under warranty and you can get it checked at a authorized repair shop
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have had it checked by ubreakifix. All diagnostics were normal.
Highlighted
Asteroid

1) the weather channel has been terrible about battery drain for several years. I use accuweather (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.android). I know a lot of times it's related to ad tracking in apps, so I'll make the disclaimer that i did the upgrade to no ads about 5 years ago & I've never had battery issues with it.

2) you may want to do a factory reset, sometimes that will clear up battery/ram/software issues. I highly suggest you make a backup. if you have a computer with enough storage smart switch does a good backup that you don't need an internet connection to restore (though you off course need internet for logging into your Samsung & Google accounts, etc.)
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Random apps causing battery drain Note 10+

I have also done the factory reset. oddly enough, now Gmail on my tablet is doing the same thing. 🤷‍♀️
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Random apps causing battery drain Note 10+

Check your power mode, if it was placed on high performance this could quickly cause battery drain
Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode

you can try adaptive power saving?
Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode > Adaptive Power Saving (it's a toggle switch below the list of power modes)

you can also use the galaxy labs app (https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.android.samsung.utilityapp&cId=000004665763) the app contains a batter tracker, battery guardian, and app booster that seems to have more functionality than the regular device care provides.