cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Random pop up ads

I've been getting random popup ads on my phone. It happens on my homescreen, Netflix, and apps that don't even have adds in them. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Random pop up ads

You may have some Malware running in the background if you're having pop-ups on your home screen and in apps where they shouldn't be. 

You can try factory resetting your phone, that would be the sure fire way to get rid of those pop-ups. I also recommend either activating your Note 10's internal anti-Virus software or installing a good anti-virus software. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

How do you turn on the note 10s anti-virus software

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Qwertypie wrote:

How do you turn on the note 10s anti-virus software

It will be in your Settings Menu under "Device Care"> at the very bottom you'll find "security" once you activate that; your phone will scan each app and file you have installed and it will activate the internal anti-virus.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello!

I can understand how pop up ads can be frustrating. I would recommend testing the device while in safe mode to see if the symptoms persist. You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Once in safe mode test the device and see if the pop up still persists and let me know!