cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Sun

Random texts from my # to other people

My brother sent me screen shots of texts he recieved from my number. It was an intense string of messages of someone being kicked out a relationship gone bad ๐Ÿ˜ฌ We knew it wasn't me as was talking on phone at the time. Anyone else? 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Random texts from my # to other people

Well that could've of gone bad! Thankfully it was your brother who received the messages. I haven't had it happen to me but it may of been an unfortunate glitch or Samsung phones do have the ability to call and text from another device. You need to be signed into the same samsung account on both, so say your phone and tablet, and then your tablet could make calls and text as if it was off your phone. Have you signed into any other devices recently?
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Re: Random texts from my # to other people

no recent sign in. It has never happened in the 20+ years of owning a cell.phone. Yeah it was several messages of a woman telling a guy off to get out and speak to her new man if he wants any further contact with her or their child . ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Highlighted

My phone number sent texts to several people once, but only after I received a phone call from my own number. My guess is it was a random spoofing incident.
Highlighted
Constellation

This happened to me too yesterday.  My wife received a text from my number that basically made it look like I was sneaking around on her.  OMG is this not cool.  I contacted Samsung, they said to contact my provider, which I did.  They filed a report but didnt have any answers.  Not happy about this.

Highlighted
Constellation

This has been happening to me!! I thought maybe the Sprint T-Mobile merger I have a Note 10 plus. First it was messages to my mom mid text conversation about the most random of things probably on 4 separate occasions now, then she got one from my uncle. Then today it was my dad that got one too. I don't know what's going on I called sprint they were no use and now that I see someone called samsung and they said to refer to the carrier it gives me no hope because it seems like a back end network error and frankly it's really annoying. Im going to try to get a new SIM card tomorrow because I've done literally everything else under the sun to try to fix and NOTHING.
Highlighted
Constellation

So an update for you, since I'm glad and sorry I'm not the only one experiencing this too. It got to a point where my dad got texts like this, my mom kept getting them, then I actually got one from my mom that wasn't from her and she got more from me again. it's aggravating. then my MMS messages started to fail to send or I would have to click download the message instead of automatically. So I got fed up and went to T-Mobile for a new SIM (as I'm with Sprint and had a feeling it was due to the merger and CDMA/GSM thing) then maybe something about the MIN being different from the mobile number and with the merger it confused something etc. I'm not sure but I went into TMobile and both stores I went to (first wasn't authorized for Sprint as they didn't have login codes) were like ummm what I've never seen that it's bizarre I've seen it on iMessage but you don't have an iPhone...which made me wonder if it had to do with the RCS chat settings but long story short I went and got a new SIM card, instead of a Sprint one (which would have been 10 bucks, ridiculous) a T-Mobile one that can access both Sprint and T-Mobile networks was free.
We'll see if that fixes it, but now (and even before the new SIM) randomly any MMS or group chat message I have to actually click to download like how it does when I'm roaming. UGH.
I'll keep you guys updated I really want to get to the bottom of the source or at least somehow get a network engineer to like look into it. I know we're definitely not the only ones.
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Re: Random texts from my # to other people

I never thought about the merger affecting our texts. It would make sense that we are getting random texts.