cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

Read receipt

Phone keeps asking me if i want to turn on read receipt whenever i start a new message i dont like sending read receipts and i have to make sure to not press yes

9 REPLIES 9
Black Hole

Re: Read receipt

@userOioTUMjmCu wrote:

Phone keeps asking me if i want to turn on read receipt whenever i start a new message i dont like sending read receipts and i have to make sure to not press yes

So this read receipt is for you, when the other person reads your message?

Highlighted
userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

The receipt that is sent to the other person that shows w...

The receipt that is sent to the other person that shows when i read the message

Black Hole

Re: The receipt that is sent to the other person that shows w...

@userOioTUMjmCu wrote:

The receipt that is sent to the other person that shows when i read the message

Hmm.  I have Note10 on T-Mobile and it doesn't ask me anything.  I use the stock samsung messages.  Go to messages app, tap 3 dots on top right, then go to settings>more settings and you will see options for text and multimedia messages.  The read reports are in multimedia messages

userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

Yours probably doesnt say anything because u have it but...

Yours probably doesnt say anything because u have it but if u turn it off you will get it. I had this issue with my s10plus and now the note 10 plus

Black Hole

Re: Yours probably doesnt say anything because u have it but...

The setting is off.  I only enabled delivery reports. This read reports in this menu controls mms, not the text.  When you go to messages app and tap 3 dots on top right, then go to settings: do you have chat settings there?  It of course depends on your carrier and model of your Note10(carrier branded or unlocked)

Screenshot_20190908-174413_Messages.jpg

userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

I meant because u probably have it on

I meant because u probably have it on

Comet

Re: Read receipt

Hi @userOioTUMjmCu 

This is a new feature Rcs messaging. Usually it makes messages like you are chatting in Social media as it allows people to know when the message has been delivered, if the person read it. If they are typing and others. As of now only few devices support it. The read receipt option let's the other person know If you have read the message or not. For now you are only able to stop it from being send automatically. But for new messages you create you'll have to select yes or no everytime. Maybe Samsung may add option to turn it off completely and also turn off that notification message, in future updates, so we'll just have to wait and see. But for now you'll have select it manually.

Sincerely,

NBI

If my post has been beneficial to you, please don't forget to Like my post. If my reply resolved your questions or issues✅, please Mark it as solution by pressing the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

My galaxy s7 had the exact same option to turn it in and...

My galaxy s7 had the exact same option to turn it in and off and it never asked anything afterwards. It is annoying that now i have to keep selecting no every time

userOioTUMjmCu
Asteroid

Go into chat settings i can almost assure u urs is on. Mi...

Go into chat settings i can almost assure u urs is on. Mine is the note 10 plus that u can get from tmobile