Original topic:

Refining Picture

(Topic created: 10-30-2019 10:04 AM)
Th3Awak3ning
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Every time I take a picture now with my phone it says refining picture and it wont go away unless I restart the device. Every single time. What's causing this

61 Replies
user5QB6yDM6tN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does it even in safe mode.

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, 

@Th3Awak3ning

I'm thinking you might try to wipe the system cache partition. It frequently clears up issues that show up after a system update and in general daily use.

@Charkatak has a really good suggestion. Clearing the Apps cache and data has helped me out more than a few times.

You might also open the camera app settings and reset them all to their default settings.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Samsung_UENzgcp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same issue as well... it doesn't go away

user5Svtbpk0hh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
  1. This doesn't work  I mean not a permanent solution.

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

@Th3Awak3ning

I'm thinking you might try to wipe the system cache partition. It frequently clears up issues that show up after a system update and in general daily use.

@Charkatak has a really good suggestion. Clearing the Apps cache and data has helped me out more than a few times.

You might also open the camera app settings and reset them all to their default settings.

Best regards, 

CLF 

It can stop only one time but it keeps happening when you open the camera app and take picture again. This is ridiculous
0 Likes
userBXzHzD77uU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same issue.  I have tried everything that has been mentioned above and nothing works. 

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

@Th3Awak3ning

Best regards, 

CLF 

userF7ILA7SRRa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This doesn't fix it it is not a solution

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Check the settings to make sure the camera is not listed as an optimized app. You can use the following article to locate apps that are optimized and remove it from there. Let me know if the message returns. Optimize Apps' Battery Usage on a Phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_PUceWBM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

@Th3Awak3ning

Best regards, 

CLF 

I've done this 2 times and it has not worked for me.  I completely reset my phone and it still hasn't worked.  Just so you know that when you delete data, it will erase all your photos so make sure you back up to theCloud first!  I hope they fix it in the next update.  I can't take a picture without it doing this everytime! Screenshot_20191031-160538_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Sandra17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please remove the "Solved" notation, NOTHING recommended here is a permanent solution. It's been happening to me as well since the most recent update. The first time I noticed it, it had been going on for over FOUR HOURS! Please get word to the appropriate team to fix this!

(Note 10+) Screenshot_20191031-135013_Nova Launcher.jpg

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just to verify, have you completed all of the steps included in this article? http://seektogeek.com/s10-keeps-showing-refining-picture-and-camera-keeps-crashing-on-samsung-s10/

If the troubleshooting steps have been completed and you are still seeing the messaging, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.