Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSfapCUeHLv
Asteroid

Returning Note 10 For Refund

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My first Samsung Return.

I pre ordered the Note 10 along with an LED cover and Samsung Buds. The headphones and case were not free as I had to pay some money for each.

I also did the trade in program and already sent in my old phone. They have recieved it but have not 'processed' or 'evaluated" it yet.

I just want to return my new unopened Note 10, the LED cover and keep the headphones.

Am I still able to do this return as I want to?

How does this process work with a new unopened phone and my trade in?

I was told they will open the sealed phone boxes to review it. I really hope they don't mess with people like that to charge them unnecessary money.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userSfapCUeHLv
Asteroid

Re: Returning Note 10 For Refund

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, a new unopened Note 10 is what I currently have in my possession. I am uncertain why people would find this to be odd. Are people assuming it's just me in my household? It's 2019 in the USA, families and money still exist lol.

Anyways, this was my first posting to the Samsung community and will be last. You guys are something else.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
userSfapCUeHLv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After waiting the standard 1.5 hours on hold until someone answered...I was told that I would have to return everything I ordered for a refund.

I just have to wait for the trade in value to be determined. Hopefully I'm one of lucky ones to not get scammed by Samsung with the trade in process. As I followed all the requirements and the phone was working.

I've read plenty of horror stories when it came to Samsung's trade in process. /reddit

The information I was told on the phone, which I don't know if it's legit or not, was I wouldn't receive my phone back if it passed but I would receive the trade in value refunded to my card.

What? I don't know how that works. I'll wait on the return process until I call back tomorrow and be on stand by for another 1.5 hours for a different agent to see what they tell me.

userSfapCUeHLv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I decided to try online chat before I called it quits for the night.

Started up chat at 12:30AM and didn't get through until 1AM. The chat lasted for 1 hour trying to get answers. The response times from the online agents are quite slow.

Online agent said if the trade in was accepted and if I was to return my order, then I would receive a promo credit of the trade in value Samsung determined my phone to be for a future purchase at Samsung.com

At this rate, dealing with Samsung has become exhausting. And yes, I'm fully aware I'm replying to myself because no one else has chimed in yet and this info could be helpful to someone else.

userytMORWa7mN
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

why not just keep it? you already sent in your old phone

I read that correctly didn't i? Unopened noye 10?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read that correctly didn't i? Unopened noye 10?

Samsung_eb1ceP8
Astronaut

I want a refund!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want a refund!!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSfapCUeHLv 

I know I'm about to play Captain Obvious here, but for the future, it's a good idea to make sure you're completely happy with a new phone before you send in a trade in, just to avoid this exact issue. Also it's odd that you sent the trade in already, but the new phone is still sealed and unopened?

Since all the accessories were part of the bundle, you have to return everything, but I think if you don't, they will just charge you for the accessory that you kept (deduct it from your refund). Keep in mind, that getting a refund from Samsung can take 2-3 weeks. Honestly, you're almost better off reselling the new phone yourself.

A final point, about the trade in. Don't worry and assume you have to be a "lucky one" to get the promised value. The horror stories you saw are probably less than 0.0001% of all trade ins they take, and in many cases, there is no way for us to know if they're true anyway. I've personally traded in 3 phones in the past and never had any issues. Sent in my 4th few days ago. As long as the phone is in good shape and was packaged well, it will be fine.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userSfapCUeHLv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, a new unopened Note 10 is what I currently have in my possession. I am uncertain why people would find this to be odd. Are people assuming it's just me in my household? It's 2019 in the USA, families and money still exist lol.

Anyways, this was my first posting to the Samsung community and will be last. You guys are something else.

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSfapCUeHLv 

Why are you quitting? I think you're getting legitimate advice here... Ok, thank you for explaining about an unopened phone, if it was meant to be a gift for someone for example, but they want another one, it makes sense. I think the issues with returning and trade in are still valid, specifically the fact that their returns take a while to complete. I just want you to be aware of that.

So you can return everything you got and get a refund. And based on what you were told by care once your trade in is processed (which can also take 3-4 weeks), you might get a credit to shop on samsung.com.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userjACMyDeayg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ordered a note 10 plus on Aug. 19th and returned it because it wouldn't give me att access point connection.  Well I have returned my note and gotten my refund since Sept. 19th, but I have been going back and forth with ATT and Samsung to clear the installment plan from my ATT account so I can buy a note 10 plus directly from ATT.  Why, because when I found it had a problem, ATT tech could not remote into the phone because I had bought it from Samsung.  I had thought that if it had a problem, that Samsung would send me a new unit, stupid me.  When I had problems with my frontier watch and had to send it in for service, it would take 3 weeks back and forth.  So I thought returning it would be better.  Well no, I am being held hostage by Samsung, because after going back and forth between them and ATT, nobody has of today cleared my ATT account of the installment plan.  Never again will I buy anything from Samsung.  I was so happy to finally upgrading my note 8, and I have had a note 3 and a note 5, but only to feel so frustrated not being able to directly go buy from ATT, because my account hasn't been cleared.  Beware buying from Samsung, service in way worse than bad.  Nobody at Samsung has offered a acceptable responce, other than it will  take 15 to 21 days for it to fall off your account.  I am being charged now for 2 installments which I have refused to pay.  I had ATT and Samsung on a three way call, and they kept going back and forth as too "ATT said that form is unacceptable that the phone hasn't been returned to Samsung saying I will email you, and ATT saying thats unacceptable."  They had me go to the store with an email from Samsung saying it had been returned to being ridiculed at the store that I had could have made it up and I was made to look stupid by the salesperson, that I got so angry because he kept saying "nobocy buys their phone directly from Samsung"  or "you should have brought it to the store"  I told him, you are upsetting me making me look stupid when I was only doing what the Samsung tech told me too.  Buyer beware.  Oh, and I spent $50 on a Whitestone dome glass protector , and a tech at Samsung told me they  would reimburse me, well no they didn't.  Don't buy from Samsung.