cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpwhre
Cosmic Ray

Routines

After searching I found that routines has been removed from good lock, and now is in my dropdown. When I try to turn it on, nothing. When I press "Routines" under the toggle and hit details, routines finally shows up. But I can't turn it on. Instead it wants me to use Bixby routines. I tried creating a routine with Bixby but it won't do what I want (what regular routines will do)

How do I get it to turn on?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Routines

After enabling Bixby Routines, be sure to open the main interface and manually enable each task. You cannot access the older Routines that existed prior to Bixby Routines, on the S10/N10. 

Screenshot_20190824-220441_Bixby Routines.jpgToggle individual routines

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
jpwhre
Cosmic Ray

Not acceptable answer. Routine needed. If - wifi turns...

Not acceptable answer.

Routine needed.

If - wifi turns on

Then - turn wifi off

Bixby (still trying to get package disabler pro to launch to 100% disable Bixby) does not give the "then" option I need when the "if" action happens.

My banking app, when launched, turns on wifi. I don't need my phone trying to connect to any random "open" network while I'm away from home.

Regular routines on my note 9 handled this well. Bixby is a joke. This issue needs addressed. No one uses Bixby, is this something that Samsung is trying, to force us to use something we don't want?

jpwhre
Cosmic Ray

Found a work around. Automateit app on play store. And go...

Found a work around. Automateit app on play store. And got package disabler pro working turning everything Bixby off (been doing this since first Samsung device note 8). Having to get a 3rd party app to do what Samsung used to do is stupid. This one task is literally the only task I'm using it for. (Had many on routines, but will have to get them going again on tasker) Even tasker couldn't handle this task easily.