Original topic:

S pen disconnected after 1st Nov 2020 update

(Topic created on: 11/4/20 10:02 AM)
user8DFSp0c75u
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Hi there, just updated my phone today on the recent 1st Nov 2020 update. Right after that my s pen disconnected, and can't reconnect. It still works on screen (basic functions) but Air Commands/Actions doesn't work. I've tried all the recommended guidelines but none worked. My husband and I both have note 10 each, but his unit no problem, we swapped our s pens, my s pen in his phone connected, while his pen also refused to connect with my phone. So its definitely no issue with the s pen. Please help for solution, thank you.Screenshot_20201105-020128_Air command.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note10

Have you tried wiping the device cache partition?

This does not delete apps nor user data.

Here is how you wipe the device cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
The_Todd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10
I'm having the same issue except, Samsung doesn't send me Security patches. No seriously. I have sent in 6 note 10s. I'm still on September when I bought this phone thinking it was a problem with the 10s, clearly its just my account.
0 Likes
The_Todd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10
Actually got the November update! Sadly S Pen Disconnected remains an issue. I reset all the settings, cleared the cache, tried using the S Pen from my Note 10, and even factory reset today. :( I just read another post where the user stated Samsung was sending them out a new S Pen. Might be worth the call to Customer Support.
0 Likes