cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AiBarberGuy
Asteroid

S pen disconnects and battery fluctuates while inside phone

Hello,  first and foremost I love Samsung devices. Thank you for the technology you produce.  From S5 up I been here.  I'm very technically advanced and love the freedom, security and OS. I own the $1400.00 Note 10+5g 512gb. Amazing. However the spen has been acting up for a while now. At first I thought it was an OS issue that would be patched,  app update or something.  For about 2 months now we got maybe 4 updates.  Problem still there.  I then got more into it by opening up the app only to find this thing got some type of manufacture issue as the battery literally just jumps from 100 to 50 to 40 10 back to 100 sometimes losing connection then asking to reconnect all while inside the phone. Then when I take it out (I usually use for photo editing on screen so it always worked that way) I cannot use air commands because it just disconnects. I never really tried air command and always seen the pen with the slash across it.  After doing some digging i found your troubleshooting page on here and seen this was a common issue with these phones. I tried most of the troubleshooting recommendations to no avail.  My carrier said if they replace the pen and that don't work insist on me sending the phone in only for me to recieve a refurbished one which there is no way in any shape or form it's right to basically pay 1400 for something I paid brand new price to recieved some one else's refurbished device that was once broken. They advised anything other than that I would have to contact Samsung to see what could be done.  So here I am. 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S pen disconnects and battery fluctuates while inside phone

@AiBarberGuy Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key
  3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHomekey.
  4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'Yes.'
  8. Press the Power key to select.
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
AiBarberGuy
Asteroid

Clearing data fixes batteries in cases? This isn't new like I said it been doing it for a few months, for as long as I had the phone just about. I tried what you've mentioned,  nothing changed 😕. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@AiBarberGuy Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
AiBarberGuy
Asteroid

Sent

Highlighted
Joe9021
Constellation

Hello!

I had the same issue with my Note 10. I went a samsung service with it, they ordered a new pen(free of charge). Now everything is working fine with it!