cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

SOLVED: Note10+ UI vs A51 UI

**UPDATE** This was answered in my other post under apps & services.  The link to that post containing the solution is https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Different-One-UI-versions-depending-on... 

I have a Note 10+ and as far as I know, I have the latest One UI 2.5.  A family member just upgraded to the A51 and that phone has differences in its UI.  Minor differences, yes, but many cool ones!

There are aesthetic changes and functional ones.  Just a couple of examples of these include the finger print scanner lighting up when you touch it, more edge lighting options, WAY more ring/text/notification tones (many of which are AWESOME), etc... 

It just appears to be a newer, nicer UI with way more customization options than what my Note10+ has, but they got their A51 for a fraction of the price.  How can the UI be different between phones if the latest version that they all run is 2.5?  How can I get this version, or add these features to my phone?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note10+ UI vs A51 UI

Depending on where you are and phone type, you may have 2.1. 2.5, for example, isn't out yet for US unlocked so if your phone is unlocked and US variant you don't have that. Other carriers decided to delay it so the flagship gets al the attention. Other parts of the world and their respective variant may have it.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note10+ UI vs A51 UI

Oh yes, I just checked and my phone has 2.1.  So, if I have the most current version and a flagship phone, how can there be a different, seemingly upgraded version on one of their mid-level phones?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: SOLVED: Note10+ UI vs A51 UI

My understanding the phone you family has is what the new s20 series have, right?