cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer

Re: Samsung Disrespect for USA users

the whole sign up process exclusive to this stupid app is a joke to be quite honest. the extremely limited amount of users that can join is a joke. furthermore, samsung already makes and uses a processor other than snapdragons for everyone but USA users as well . seems stupid to have multiple hardware models for the same phone. my first and last Samsung

Be thankful you have the Snapdragon! The reason is because the Snapdragon supports LTE radio bands in the US that the Exynos processor can't (yet).

It only makes sense that Samsung would launch a major OS upgrade beta in their home country, where they are located. That way, issues like the current battery drain problem) can be fixed with known carriers and frequency bands. The Note is wildly popular in the US - which is why Samsung wants to beta test this in areas with fewer Note devices... if Samsung just threw the beta out to the US and everyone here with a Note 10 had catastrophic issues with it, they'd get bombarded with complaints. At least being bombarded with complaints about cautious deployment of the update gives Samsung the satisfaction of erring on the side of caution.

I really don't get the outrage over not getting a beta update as early as some other users in other areas. You can't lose what you never had...

Explorer

Re: Re: Samsung Disrespect for USA users

considering 4G LTE has been around for a decade commercialy and going on your assumption that Exynos does not support those bands it's safe to assume Samsung has made very little effort to do so, and will probably not. that is if they cannot.

Snapdragon also has the 5G modem embedded in the SoC, while Exynos has a to use a separate 5G modem chip. That can slow communication down considerably. Exynos is an 8-core processor, while Snapdragon is four-core. Why isn't Exynos faster, then? Thermal throttling. Exynos needs those additional cores because it has to run at lower clock speeds. Snapdragon, on the other hand, just blew past 3GHz.

Back to the beta test, which is the topic: I'm an experienced Android user and beta tester... but others may get frustrated if the beta causes problems on the phone they rely on all day, every day. Those folks may want the shiny new features as soon as possible: but that impatience has the trade-off of potential failures on their phone. As previously advised, they're wise to wait for the official public release.
Astronaut

People need to learn how to flash and change csc🤦🏽 It's way too easy to get access to this beta, if you actually do the leg work instead of waiting on a banner to pop up.. No disrespect, IJS
Asteroid

Re: Re: Samsung Disrespect for USA users

Flashing with odin and changing CSC is pretty easy for me, i switch between xaa, tmb and att weekly while searching for updates but i realized xaa has the best signal strength.
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Samsung Disrespect for USA users

If you flash XAA, all you have to do after is go to XDA, they have the beta link in the android 11 threads
Astronaut

AT1D and XAA firmware will give you access to the beta, and XDA has a sign up link to make life even easier...