cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ updates

Anyway to check whether the Note 10+ (unlocked) would be receiving any updates any time soon? I've checked my software update and apparently it only shows "Last updated : Feb 2, 2020". Now some of my apps are crashing every now and then. Please advice
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ updates

Updates are sent out by carrier. Even though your device is unlocked, the carrier sim you have inside the device will sometimes cause your phone to get updates when they send it out. Once Samsung has updates ready, they will send it out to your carrier. Then once your carrier is ready to send out the update they will send it out in waves to multiple devices at a time. You can try restarting your device and checking to see if an update comes up in your settings. You can also try removing the sim card and restarting your device. If that doesn't work then I'd contact your carrier. Hope this helps.👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted

@JoshQ,

I had a galaxy s8 long time ago, it was unlocked from a carrier.  

One day I stopped using it as a main phone, removing its SIM card. 

i woud use it occasionally, when I'd connect to the network with Wifi.

It still received updates, even major ones, without a SIM card.

I assume the carrier was not behind this and that samsung, or my android, did the update.

RIght?   

Highlighted
Sun

Yes, that's why I had mentioned if you're not getting it with your sim card, try removing the sim and seeing if an update becomes available after restarting your device. If so then update it and reinsert your sim👍 If it doesn't work then I'd call Samsung support or your carrier.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted

sorry, I'm afraid you're replying to the wrong person.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have been receiving updates for my Unlocked Note 10 each month. I haven't received the one for July yet but I did receive one in the June. I don't know why your phone isn't getting any.