cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maikelson
Asteroid

Samsung Health and My Fitness Pal syncing troubles (again)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this has happened in the past when I upgraded to Note9, I thought I would create a new discussion specific to the Note10.

I just got the Note10+ and everything was working great (steps from Samsung Health / Galaxy Watch)  up until it stopped syncing a couple of days ago. Tried the whole thing of the past (uninstall, reinstall, sign in, re-sync) and even though the integration shows up for a little bit, the same problem, not syncing at all.

Have the latest versions of all apps and OS and still nothing. Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
maikelson
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Health and My Fitness Pal syncing troubles (again)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, I assumed the same too. I use Health sync too for other reasons and I saw the note in their Google Play detail page. Most likely it is related (Oops):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync&hl=en

amsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.

14 REPLIES 14
userqAh439nhVY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Mine stopped working yesterday.  I sync to the Virgin Pulse App and it will not update.  I found an app named Health Sync that allows you to auto synce between Samsung Health and Google Fit.  I can't allow it permissions to Samsung Health either.  There is something wrong with the App Permissions settings.

maikelson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, I assumed the same too. I use Health sync too for other reasons and I saw the note in their Google Play detail page. Most likely it is related (Oops):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.appyhapps.healthsync&hl=en

amsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.

user0STFgTZUwE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy 8+ does NOT go into "Developer Mode" utilizing this method.  Is there a different technique for my Phone 

userqAh439nhVY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a Samsung Knox update notification today.  I did earlier this morning.  I'm wondering if that's what the issue is related.  https://www.samsungknox.com/en

maikelson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did not but it might be. We'll see, I assume everyone will start noticing and at some point they might fix it just like in the past...

userqAh439nhVY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Health Sync app I mentioned listed a temporary work around and it worked for me.  They said bring up Samsung help and go into settings.  Select About Samsung Health.  Then tap the version number 10 times.  You'll see a message about it being in Developer Mode.  Once in that mode, you should be able to re-enable or fix the sync with any app.

maikelson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks @userqAh439nhVY . I did realize that too and tried it but I think having so many options for the permissions messed something up. I have days logged in the past with hundreds of duplicated exercises or crazy calories adjustments from Samsung Health. I assume I'll have to play with it to figure out which ones apply. I assume write food log to Samsung and get steps from there but even that messes the data up. Is good to have developer mode enables though. Pasting the instructions here as reference for anyone else that steps into the same problem:

"... Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row."

maikelson
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, some more details here. DOing some research online looks like the problems are more frequent than I thought to the point where they keep a known issues list on the MyFitnessPal side of things.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

Specifically as of 08/30:

BugStep count not syncing from S-Health. A

Lucky us Smiley Very Happy

dubTicket
Constellation

My steps were syncing from my gear fit to the Virgin Puls...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My steps were syncing from my gear fit to the Virgin Pulse app with no issues until the end of August 2019. I too have the Note10+ and things were going great but now I'm getting the same permission error I got from my Note9 . I hope Samsung support sees this.