JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Mail w/ Yahoo Account

(Topic created: 08-02-2020 10:50 AM)
SparkyKYDad87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Has anyone experienced issues adding their Yahoo Mail Account to the Samsung Email App? I have a continuing issue where Samsung Email is unable to validate my Yahoo Mail however I get an email from Yahoo Stating that my account has been signed in through Samsung Email.

16 Replies
Niek_Hoogendoorn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You're not alone. Same issues here. I've tried all sorts of things to access my Yahoo mail from Samsung's native e-mail app but no luck.

In the past, Yahoo mail had a setting where you could allow access to 'less secure deviced', which always did the trick. Now this setting has disappeared from Yahoo mail, so I'm clueless as to how to fix this.

No, I'm not installing the Yahoo mail app when I have a perfectly capable Samsung e-mail app. No need for 2 apps doing the same thing. As a workaround I now forward my Yahoo e-mail to a Gmail account. Not ideal but it does the trick for now.

Loves anything with a proper engine that goes around corners rather fast on either 2 or 4 wheels. Will work for chocolate.
0 Likes
Gaily
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here. Fixes say to delete data and. Account. I have several accounts so tried it with the one that would have the least bad result. I did not delete the data. I only deleted the cache. Then I removed the yahoo account and added it back. Everything went back to normal with no lost emails. .
0 Likes
user3pNpiW6Cgt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I started having the same issue yesterday. I have tried literally everything. Resetting my phone, trying to change my Yahoo account security settings, deleting cache data. Nothing has worked. I tried logging in on the Samsung Email with a Google account and that works. I tried two Yahoo accounts and neither of those worked so I think the issue is the with the Samsung app itself.

0 Likes
Slandec1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was having the same issue. I've found a temporary fix that will at least give you access to Yahoo emails.

In Email setop, choose Other, not Yahoo. Enter your email address, but then choose Manual Setup (You won't go to the automatic Yahoo sign-in screen. Choose Pop3 and enter your password. (also enter password for Outgoing server).  You'll have access to you inbox, but not any subfolders you may have

0 Likes
usersklDbqDJcF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I cleared data in my app settings and got the same issue.

Your fix worked for me too. I just wonder if it is an issue with Yahoo or Samsung? 

0 Likes
traneshaph
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue. I'm fairly certain the issue is with Yahoo. I'll try the "other" work-around.  I think Yahoo wants us to download their app. Nope! I agree, I don't need 2 apps doing the same thing.

0 Likes
SparkyKYDad87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did find out on Android forums that it has something to do with the latest Chrome Update. Although it could be something happening to make email users change to the Gmail or Outlook or Yahoo mail. I like the Samsung Mail app. Used it for a long time.

0 Likes
Solution
RogueCheddar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The steps here worked for me: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/password-sln15241.html

userS639vQzyLQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for me, too. From your Yahoo email account security settings, generate a password for android email app.

@RogueCheddar wrote:

The steps here worked for me: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/password-sln15241.html

0 Likes