cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

Samsung Messaging - MMS messages not auto downloading

When I receive and MMS message it is not automatically downloaded. I have to manuallydownload them individually. All I get is a notification the MMS will expire on xxxxx date! This only happens with Samsung messging. It does not happen with Textra or Google messaging apps. This is my first Samsung phone.

Is there a solution to this problem? I've seen various post on the internet for other Galaxy phone having the same issue, without a fix from Samsung.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Messaging - MMS messages not auto downloading

Have you verified the auto retrieve option is turned on in the Messages settings?     Settings >Three dots for more settings > then Multimedia Messaging. The option for Auto retrieve is there.

usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

Yes, auto retrieve is on. I've tried every option I could find on the internet, except for resetting it back to factory settings, which I don't really want to do because I have a ton of apps and passwords I would have to reset.

Mongoose88
Astronaut

What carrier do you have @usercp5sc7ZAxz

usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

Verizon.

Mongoose88
Astronaut

Ah ok. I'm on att and having issues downloading pictures as well but only when I'm hooked to wifi. I dont even know I have a new message until I go in and look. Then I have to toggle wifi off and itll start working. I've been told it's an att advanced messaging issue, I dont know if verizon has the same thing or not

usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

My wife is also on Verizon and receives the MMS messages just fine on her iPhone without any problems, it's just automatic, she didn't have to make any setting changes.. I previous phone was a Google Pixel 2XL and I never had a problem receiving MMS messages, again it was automatic and I didn't have to make any setting changes. So it is not an Android problem or a Carrier problem, it is a Samsung problem.

Mongoose88
Astronaut

Think it's a software issue or something hardware? I feel its software related for me do to the fact that they dont auto download when I'm on wifi. Do you happen to know if that's the same for you? Have you checked to see if the MMS doesn't auto download while your on wifi or have wifi turned on

usercp5sc7ZAxz
Asteroid

I agree it is a Samsung Message software problem. If I switch to Google Messages, they download automatically. However, when if I use Google messages it doesn't sync up well with my Samsung Gear Sport. I don't remember if I was on WiFi or Cellular when it happen, I'll have to pay closer attention to it next time.

Mongoose88
Astronaut

Definitely check on the wifi thing bc that's my issue there. If you have the same thing then boom hopefully @samsung will have a place to start and fix this issue. When you use google messages or textra does the quality of the picture still come through clear? I've been thinking about trying one of them just worried about photos or my live messages with the s-pen getting compressed and looking grainy.