cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winskinen
Constellation

Samsung Note 10+ and AUX

I have Samsung Note 10+ and I've tried to listen music (Spotify) fin my  car (Opel Astra 2013 if that info is needed) via phone. I had iPhone 8+ before and it played music perfectly in the same car  (I used AUX-cable and Apples own adapter (lightning - aux).) Now with that same cable and (different) USB-C - AUX -adapter, it does not work. Car "finds" AUX-device (it does not show "device not found") and phone "knows" that its connetcted with USB (I have music volume in maxium, but I  hear no sound) There is nothing wrong with the cable, thats for sure at least. 

What should I do to get music working in my car? Is it even possible with Note 10+? Does it need Samsungs own adapter? I dont think  that my usb-c - aux -adapter is broken or anything.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Note 10+ and AUX

Can I please have your full model number? What type of Aux adapter are you using with your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

It doesn't have to be a Samsung adapter, but not any adapter will work. The adapter has to be active, not passive (I might be wrong about the exact terminology), meaning it has a DAC (digital audio converter) built in. I have one from Samsung and one from Google and they both work fine (But OK Google and the mic in general don't only works with Samsung's own adapter for me). I know most cheap adapters from Amazon won't work. It needs to be a higher quality adapter with DAC. They're around $10-15

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
winskinen
Constellation

I have this adapter: https://m.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/9500904/Cloudberry-USB-Type-C---35-mm-kuulokeliitantaadapteri-8-cm-mus...

(I live in Finland, so I bouht it from finnish store and didin't find english page)