cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruuR5FIu2iD
Constellation

Samsung Upgrade Program

I am currently enrolled in the Samsung Upgrade Program with my Note 9.

I processed a pre-order for the Samsung Note 10+ 5G. Now I don't know how to send my note 9 back into Samsung to get credit for the remaining 50% balance owed.

Customer care doesn't seem to know the process either without cancelling my old order which will cause me to lose the perks of the preorders.

Is there not an option to just do a trade-in transaction only and send this device back? No one seems to know and I get a different answer from each person I talk.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

When you pre-ordered the Note 10, you needed to select th...

When you pre-ordered the Note 10, you needed to select the trade in option and select the note 9. You would've gotten return instructions in an email... Did you do the trade in option?

useruuR5FIu2iD
Constellation

No because I thought it was for a trade in towards the ne...

No because I thought it was for a trade in towards the new device not to offset the remaining balance on the old device. I thought that was a totally different trade in option like if someone was trading in a paid off device or new to the Samsung upgrade option.

userkR9yaiLYzO
Asteroid

Re: No because I thought it was for a trade in towards the ne...

I'm also in the upgrade program but since only 50% is paid off I'm guessing I trade in my current note 9 then pay the other 50% through the current plan. Then I can work on getting the note 11 when next years comes around. I notice I keep my phones anyway when I get the next phone.