cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung dex for mac

I tried DEX on Mac using a 2013 MacBook Air (that I happen be sitting around) with MAC OS Catalina (I think that's the name, the latest update), and it worked just fine for me. The experience wasn't's great in this case since the laptop is old and slow, and has a low res screen, but the app itself worked fine.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userwA9kTrYgK5
Astronaut

Same here does not work on any of my family's 3 macs. I did start maybe couple times at the beginning and then not starting at all, just when unplugged says that Note 10+ has been disconnected. I have tried it on Windows and it does work. 

TimeTraveler12
Astronaut

I was able to fix this by installing Samsung Smart Switch. Seems like there are drivers needed that DeX does not come with. I had the android sdk installed on my other machine and DeX worked without installing Smart Switch. 

usershlfcIP3ft
Constellation

Has anyone been able to fix this issue, its been really bugging me as i am just unable to connect DEX to my Mac. I have uninstalled, reinstalled dex, smart switch and android file transfer sooo many times i just give up. 

Every time i connect it says connecting and 1 minute later it drops the connection and DEX crashes. 

Does Samsung have a fix for this yet ?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@usershlfcIP3ft wrote:

Has anyone been able to fix this issue, its been really bugging me as i am just unable to connect DEX to my Mac. I have uninstalled, reinstalled dex, smart switch and android file transfer sooo many times i just give up. 

Every time i connect it says connecting and 1 minute later it drops the connection and DEX crashes. 

Does Samsung have a fix for this yet ?

It is working just fine for me with my Note 10 plus. I am using Dex version 1.0.0.56 and MacOS Catalina.