cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung dropping the ball on updates

Looks like Samsung has been dropping the ball more and more on timely updates. 

This is not the first time in the past 6 months that the update ls behind of the first week. 

Also that lack of seamless updates is a joke too. Looks like more and more I will just go back to pixel unfortunately. 
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Samsung dropping the ball on updates

Updates are sent out through Carriers. Once The update is ready through Samsung, Samsung will send the update out to your carrier. Then your carrier will make the small changes that it needs to. Once your carrier is ready, they will send out the update in waves to multiple devices at a time. You can always try restarting your device to see if the update shows up in your settings. You can always also reach out to your carrier and see if they have a timeframe as to when they will be sending out the update. I hope this helps!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

@JoshQ wrote:
Then your carrier will make the small changes that it needs to. 

where did you find this information?     I can't find any documentation regarding this.

thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

phone manufacturer allow too much "modification" by carriers, and stop allowing carriers to dictate which features you can and cannot use. this has nothing to do with network capabilities either. carriers are notorious ( Verizon and AT&T) for crippling features that are on unlocked devices because you don't buy their bootloader locked inflated price version of the device. shame ! stop the exploitation Sammy