cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung needs to admit there is a problem causing Note 10 phones not to charge because of low temp

I recently purchased a Samsung Note 10+ and it started giving me a warning when trying to charge. This warning says "Low battery Temperature Unable To Charge". After reading the forums on this Samsung community site, I see after reading 13 pages of users having the same issue, just in the single thread, that this is a known issue that is happening to many Note 10 users. I live in Florida and my battery temp was reading -4 degrees F. I have tried charging with multiple USB chargers, I have tried charging it with two type of wireless chargers and same result. For the amount of money these phones cost, this should not happen and if it does they should exchange the phone without any questions.

Samsung needs to admit there is a problem here.

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung needs to admit there is a problem causing Note 10 phones not to charge because of low te

Hello,

if you have charging issues with your Note 10, please see one of the Samsung Care authorized locations for advanced diagnostics on your device.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung needs to admit there is a problem causing Note 10 phones not to charge because of low te

contact a @samsungmoderator to see what options there for you only because in the store theres ways of diagnosing and repairing the device, ive had intances with repairs involving low temp charging. sorry to hear i hope there is a solution to this!

Highlighted
Asteroid

They won't because it would be another blow after BatteryGate so they are going to sweep it under the rug and ignore the lump.

Anyone reading this....Don't even waist your time going to one of their "authorized repair shops" for this issue because you'll only end up without a phone for weeks because this phone has been labled "nearly impossible to repair" by many repair techs.  They'll try to replace the wireless charging and NFC antenna first...which won't work. They'll then have to attempt to replace a motherboard on a device that you have to jump through all types of programming loops once you replace it which...95% of them won't have the kit needed to do so. Then they'll chat witht he same Samsung techs you have to send it to for help before giving up so just ship it off to Samsung and save you some headache and time. Let them mess over the device again to get it working for less than a month before it goes back to giving the same message and you are without a phone again. And they'll try to fix it again instead of just giving you a new phone. But hey!!! That's the process and don't dare get upset that your $1200 flagship phone that's less than 5mths old is malfunctioning leaving you without a device for at least 2 more weeks. At least the shipping is free....lol....the box is on you though.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung needs to admit there is a problem causing Note 10 phones not to ch..

<edit> This is my 2nd note 10 plus doing the same thing

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung needs to admit there is a problem causing Note 10 phones not to ch..

I have the note 10+ and do not expereince this issue at all.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have had the Note 10 since launch and I haven't hadn't any issues or seen any large issues of this

Highlighted
Constellation

has anyone been able to figure out the root cause of this issue ? I am planning on picking one up and now concerned about this issue. 

From what i have seen it is an issue with the wireless charging coil not making good contact somewhere within the phone.

Does it happen when you use the phone with a case that pushes the sides where by causing the wireless charging coil to lose contact at that specific point ?