cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZqJDHftvgQ
Asteroid

Samsung's Note 10 Plus Pre-Order System - What a MESS!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have come to this forum simply because I cannot find any address where I can privately write to Samsung to let them know what an absolute mess their pre-order system is and how frustrating the pre-order process for my  Note 10+ has been.

THE SITUATION:  My wife and I have been long time Note users (Notes 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and now 10s).  I reserved, and then pre-ordered Note 10 Plus for both her and myself.  Our intent is to trade in our current Note 8s and upgrade to the new Note 10+.  I could be wrong but I think we are exactly the sort of customers that Samsung wants to please and not lose to "  ".

A SUMMARY OF THE PROBLEMS:

1)  The evening of August 7, I receive an email stating that "Your Galaxy Note10 awaits."  Order before 12am EDT and receive enhanced trade-in values plus $150 credit in addition to the $50 reserve credit.  Credits can be used for select Samsung accessories and devices.  Hurray!  Sounds great EXCEPT that it is nearly impossible to log in to my Samsung account (presumably because of traffic) - and every time I fail to log in I must begin again and re-enter all of my information (grrrr!).  By the way, every time I failed to log in, there was absolutely no indication as to why - did I mis-enter some detail?, traffic overload?, Samsung doesn't love me any more?, other?

2) The site is incapable of pre-ordering two phones plus accessories on the same order.  Two separate orders must be entered which doubles the frustration of item no. 1, above (grrr! x 2).

3) Furthermore, each pre-order must be made using the email address under which it was reserved.  Consequently, I must first set up a new account for the second email  (grrr!, again).

4) After several hours of complete frustration ("Serenity now!"), I finally get the two separate orders made.  They are exactly the same except for color of the phone(s) and the LED covers.  Both orders were to use the 200 credits to order the LED cover and a a Power Package deal which included a Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand (EP-NG930TBUGUS), a Wireless Charger Portable Battery (EB-U1200CSELUS), and a 45W USB-C Fast Charging Wall Charger (EP-TA845XBEGUS).  I TRIPLE-CHECKED EACH ORDER TO BE CERTAIN IT WAS CORRECT BEFORE I PLACED IT.   However, when I received the confirmation emails the next day, I discovered that my order was incorrect (her order was correct in all respects).  Instead of the Power Package I had ordered, all it listed was a Fast Charge Travel Charger (EP-TA20JBEUGUS).  Once again, GRRRR!

5) Contacting Samsung Customer Care was a complete waste of my time since "I'm sorry for that, once the order is placed we can't change the details in it. If you wish you can cancel the order and reorder with the changes."  And then later with the Supervisor "...but there is no option to make any changes in the current order."  My answer?  Keep the order and do not cancel (or things will get even more messed up) - I will outright purchase what I wanted.  GRRRR, GRRR, and even more GRRR!

QUESTIONS FOR SAMSUNG:

1)  Are you truly interested in selling Galaxy Note 10s?  I wonder. This entire experience has been more frustrating than getting a Building Permit.

2) Are you truly the elite engineering firm that you claim to be?  You seem to be incapable of putting together a pre-order system, including website, that is User-Friendly ("Users" are your customers, by the way).  Who in their right mind would put together an order webpage for a major product where one could only order one at a time, or had insufficient bandwidth, or forced one to re-enter all information over and over again?  It defies logic.

3) Not able to modify pending orders?  Really?  This is 2019, not 1919, the last time I checked.

RECOMMENDATION:  Sit the CEOs, COOs, and CFOs of Samsung International and Samsung America down and let THEM try to pre-order two Note 10+ online.

TO SUM IT ALL UP:  GRRR!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userZqJDHftvgQ
Asteroid

Re: Samsung's Note 10 Plus Pre-Order System - What a MESS!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I finally called in to talk to a very nice E-Commerce rep who, after several minutes of checking, informed me that the only thing I could do would be cancel the order and start all over again.  I thanked her and said, "No thanks, keep the order and I will purchase the accessories I thought were going to be free (via my pre-order credits) at a later date."  If I were to cancel the order, I have ZERO confidence in the Samsung order system and I fear that all of my "enhanced" pre-order benefits would disappear and I would have to spend who-knows-how-many-hours on the phone with Samsung trying to explain it in order to get them back.

Here's my final recommendation to Samsung regarding their pre-order system:  Trash it.  Trash it completely!  It doesn't work for beans!  Instead, contract with someone capable like Amazon to handle all of your pre-orders.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZqJDHftvgQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry.  I am done talking to Samsung for the foreseeable future - but thanks for the suggestion anyway.  Too much steam has vented from around my collar and I am in no mood to have any sunshine blown up my skirt. 

FWIW: All of our previous Notes were bought through T-Mobile dealers and/or Amazon - except for the 7s.  And, now that I think about it, I remember similar frustrations back then in ordering them online from Samsung.  

userZqJDHftvgQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I finally called in to talk to a very nice E-Commerce rep who, after several minutes of checking, informed me that the only thing I could do would be cancel the order and start all over again.  I thanked her and said, "No thanks, keep the order and I will purchase the accessories I thought were going to be free (via my pre-order credits) at a later date."  If I were to cancel the order, I have ZERO confidence in the Samsung order system and I fear that all of my "enhanced" pre-order benefits would disappear and I would have to spend who-knows-how-many-hours on the phone with Samsung trying to explain it in order to get them back.

Here's my final recommendation to Samsung regarding their pre-order system:  Trash it.  Trash it completely!  It doesn't work for beans!  Instead, contract with someone capable like Amazon to handle all of your pre-orders.

a5uperman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So many frustrations with Samsung over the years, from repairs, to promos being messed up, to their insurance not working, I buy other brand products if they sell similar things. Like my Lucky Gold washer/dryer I bought after my last Samsung fiasco, and the Lucky Gold Microwave the time before that Samsung goofed up.

My next TV will probably be from Columbia Picture's parent corporation, since Samsung has goofed up this promo for me too.

Oh well, Samsung seems happy enough making the money they make.

Funkatron
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best buy changed theirs as well, last year the process took me 5 mintues.  This year its a freaking joke,  even the employees were confused and frustrated about it.    I have to wait until release day to buy the phone.  Due to me buying it unlocked and from t-mobile.  I would do the trade in through samsung, but read too many horror stories about people not getting full credit for their phones, and samsung stating incorrect states of the phones they received.

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly: I had the free upgrade program from my Note 9, but I had to certify that the screen and camera are free of cracks. There is a small hairline crack in the top corner that doesn't interfere with either... but I foresaw Samsung throwing a fit, rejecting the trade, keeping my Note 9 and charging me full price for the 10+.

I love Samsung phones and TVs.... appliances? NO. Never again. In my opinion, the company is SO big that everyone thinks everyone is on the same page... but there are too many people who guard their little corners of it like tiny empires. In reality, no one talks with anyone else to understand that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Sadly, I'm surprised the corporation manages to do as well as it does. Who suffers? The very customers they seek to acquire and retain... like we, the Samsung faithful, who are dedicated enough to be here - in the Samsung Community - trying desperately to point this out!

The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With a long history of Note ownership going back to the Note 3, I ordered the Note 10+ on August 28th - after I was sure that the Galaxy Fold was not going to release with certain features on which I insist. Samsung Financing, 0%, okay. Worked for the Note 9, so sure. 2400 Samsung points? Yeah, whatever... no sense trying to save those up when the stupid things keep expiring... but I check my order 5 days later and it's "IN PROCESS" with an estimated ship date of September 17th! Three weeks to get a phone shipped to the most faithful Note enthusiasts out there? Samsung Customer Service rep told me that orders are "processed in queue and according to availability" - which is well and good, except that I can order the same phone from Amazon and have it here in 2 days! And the 3rd party seller is... SAMSUNG! So those of us suckers who are loyal enough to come to the Samsung website and order our devices are stuck in the back of the line behind anyone who stumbles on the Amazon listing for the same phone. No problem: CANCEL ORDER, BUY FROM AMAZON. Yeah, I get to pay up front for it but (a) I own it outright and (b) I'll have it here in a couple of days... not a couple of weeks. Pathetic way to treat your best customers and advocates, Samsung!

userUzqL1Klzxx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar issue except somehow my order for a note 10 and a note 10+ (somehow) had a watch and earbuds added to it which I had to then return.  I couldn't cancel the items, either.  They had to ship first.

Now i can't order a case or charger without it telling me WHERE TO BUY instead of add to cart.  So I guess my $350 in store credits will just end of vanishing since everything I want can't be bought on the site despite it all being brand new and a Samsung product