cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung's latest update One UI 2.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I woke up 04/07/2020 with an update ready to install, which is usually exciting. I installed, saw all the great additions. But, the keyboard. It isn't saving words that I use frequently. If I add the word, it's saved - until I enter or change screens. I've deleted cache and data. For the interim, I'm using a Google keyboard and I can't see anyone having this issue besides myself.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung's latest update One UI 2.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I spoke with a friend of mine and he was having the same issue. He just kept using the same words and, eventually, the keyboard started saving them. So far, so good. There's a few that are having a hard time being picked up. I think, in part due to how fast I'm swiping. 

Now, to solve that annoying blue bubble pop up when I go to close apps running in the background...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still waiting to get the update. I'm still on 2.0 on the March security update, no matter how many times I press the check for updates button :-(

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry your keyboard isn't working right. I have trouble with the Samsung one occasionally, too, even on UI 2.0. I used to use Swiftkey, it worked great, but I was told it's a security risk since it can literally keylog everything so I switched to the Samsung keyboard. I feel it's inferior especially at predictions.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I spoke with a friend of mine and he was having the same issue. He just kept using the same words and, eventually, the keyboard started saving them. So far, so good. There's a few that are having a hard time being picked up. I think, in part due to how fast I'm swiping. 

Now, to solve that annoying blue bubble pop up when I go to close apps running in the background...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue I have with UI 2.1 is that multi-word Swype is now limited to 20 characters instead of what appeared to be unlimited with UI 2.0 and earlier. 

So, with OneUI 1.0/2.0 I could swipe "welcome people of the world" without lifting my finger. Now only shows "welcome people of". There is a new 20 character limit

Swiftkey does not have this limit, but for some reason it keeps autocorrecting even though I have it turned off

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here ! Let me know how you fixed it 

This is the only reason of me using samsung ! Stupid update😡😡