cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergWQawGQslU
Constellation

Samsung upgrade program questions (note 9 to note 10)

I was reading through other people having problems with the upgrade program, but I had questions if everything works correctly. How does it work exactly? It's very confusing when reading through FAQs. You can trade in your phone after 12 months and buy another one, and they'll credit you UP to 50% of the financed amount. So if I financed the note 9 for $1000 and I got 50% back I'd get $500 back. Then I have to buy a note 10 at full price? If I don't use the upgrade program and buy a note 10 and trade in my note 9 I'd get $600 back. Am I missing something here? This program seems terrible even if it worked.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung_XCKUDwD
Astronaut

I AGREE WITH YOU=IT LOOKS LIKE IT COSTS MORE THAN WHAT IT...

I AGREE WITH YOU=IT LOOKS LIKE IT COSTS MORE THAN WHAT IT'S WORTH.IT CAN BE CONFUSIN,SO BE CAREFUL=YOU PROBABLY WILL SPEND MORE THAN IT'S WORTH🙂

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I AGREE WITH YOU=IT LOOKS LIKE IT COSTS MORE THAN WHAT IT...

I would recommend reaching out to our E-commerce team directly at 1-855-726-8721.

usergWQawGQslU
Constellation

Re: I AGREE WITH YOU=IT LOOKS LIKE IT COSTS MORE THAN WHAT IT...

I tried. After being on hold for 2 hours I got tired of waiting. I also tried live chat before that for almost 3 hours.

user3O7I3qfHhj
Asteroid

I also signed up for the upgrade program last year . I or...

I also signed up for the upgrade program last year . I ordered the Note9 exactly 1 year ago . I'm not eligible for 10 days somehow. I checked the trade in on my note9 it's only $300. I don't think they will give you $600 for your Note9

Lovenewtech28
Constellation

Re: I also signed up for the upgrade program last year . I or...

They offer the $600 if you signed up to reserve the Note 10 before the unveiling on 8/7. I did and my S10+ is worth $600 and not $450 if you didn't.  It was part of an "early bird" special I guess you could say. 

screnshot samsung.jpg

userkR9yaiLYzO
Asteroid

Re: I also signed up for the upgrade program last year . I or...

I got my note 9 for $600 trade in. Maybe it's because it's only for certain model of the note 10. I know the regular and note 10+ were being offered 600 for the 256gb version. If you clicked 512gb or the note 10+ 5G you were only offered 300 or 150. 

Seemed like I made the right choice going with aura glow even tho I have to wait longer to ship. But I love my note 9 but still want the note 10+.. I could pay full and keep both lol

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

Hello, If you have a Note 9 and are buying a Note 10 plu...

Hello,

If you have a Note 9 and are buying a Note 10 plus, the Note 9 is worth $600 regardless of type. If you did a pre-order of the 10 plus you would also get (15 days after delivery) a code worth $150 for accessories.