cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3O7I3qfHhj
Asteroid

Samsung upgrade program

Last year I pre-ordered my note 9 on August 9th and singed up for the Samsung upgrade program. This year on August 9th i wanted to pre-order the Note 10 . However on the "check eligibility" link it says I'm 10 days away . Is this how Samsung screws you out of the free perks of pre-ordering ? Maybe someone can help me understand why I can't upgrade and pre-order now . Anyone with experience with the upgrade program ? Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung upgrade program

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to our E-commerce team directly at 1-855-726-8721.

user3O7I3qfHhj
Asteroid

I called. On hold for a long time have up. The on line ch...

I called. On hold for a long time have up. The on line chat was bugging out also. Samsung customer service is terrible. I don't think my expectations are out of line .

userVfihGN7xSr
Constellation

Re: I called. On hold for a long time have up. The on line ch...

Same issue here. No matter what day I check, it always says 10 days. Telephone support couldn't tell me either. Claimed it is 12 months from the day ordered, but the FAQ says from the day shipped. Support said I should see the upgrade option today, but there's nothing there.

geekstergrl
Asteroid

Re: I called. On hold for a long time have up. The on line ch...

Same here. 10 days, always 10 days. 

user3O7I3qfHhj
Asteroid

I saw that also . It's the ship date . To bad they can't...

I saw that also . It's the ship date . To bad they can't be flexible about that . If you pre-order then the ship dates would probably be 365 days . But Samsung customer service is not very good . I am curious to see if they give us the 50% lol because it says up to 50%. For our trade in . I wonder how much more screwy it's gonna be .

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I'm sorry you're having this experience... I would suggest reading what SamsungAdam said and give ecommerce a call. 

user3O7I3qfHhj
Asteroid

I called . I requested the call back . lol after about 15 minutes . I got call  back informing me it would be atleast another 30 mintues due to a high call volume. I give up . If they I dont get the Pre-order give aways . It will make it easy to not be brand loyal. I really liked my Pixel when then Note 7 got recalled twice and they offerd me $100 off a S7.  If Google steps up and makes the Pixel competitive .  I'm switching . Plus Google has competent customer service that can easily be reached. Also I was looking at my Samsung Finiacal statements I didnt relize the minimal payment dose not cover premiume care . They have been charging me intrest on that for the last 12 months . The sneeky catches are pilling up.  

userHJ81g2baqu
Constellation

No perks. They played us all. The date starts when you recieved the phone. The phones shipped to everyone on the 22nd. Mostly likely getting to your home 23rd or 24th. So forces us all not be able to preorder. Samsung Is wrong for this. I will rock the 10, but I'm going to switch to apple after this. They don't care about us.

BurkeHghs
Constellation

August 23rd is the offical ship date. For anyone that pur...

August 23rd is the offical ship date. For anyone that purchased a device directly from Samsung and opted for the pre-order selection...Samsung has put an equal number of devices aside for those customers.