cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen On While Charging Samsung Galaxy Note 10

So far in owning my new samsung galaxy Note 10+ (plus), my least favorite feature is the charge status on the lock screen. This feature makes it so that users have no choice, but to keep the charge status on their lock screen all night while charging.

This is an issue with the phone becuase of screen burn in and plain old concerns about wear due to the screen always being on. Any other phone on the market can simple have the screeen off while charging, so why can't my top of the line flagship phone simply do that. Additionally, this feature seems absolutely rediculous becuase I don't know why I would want my phone to keep the charge status on all night while I sleep! This features risks having a battery icon and status burned permanently into all of the content I view, the feature is simply not worth the risks. I hope that this is fixed to be an optional feature in upcoming updates One UI!

Currently the only solution that I have found to work is turning my phone completely off while charging (black screen saver solution is not working for me). This is an absolutely rediculous solution by the way because I can no longer even use my top of the line phone as a simple alarm clock in the morning.

Overall, the Note 10+ (plus) has been a fantastic phone so far, but this feature seems to be completely illogical and gives me concerns about the longevity of the product. Hopefully it is fixed in the near future.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen On While Charging Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Hi @userngq9xfYvTP! I can understand how this might annoy you. You will be pleased to hear that there is currently an option in the One UI 2.0 beta to disable the charging status. Hopefully it makes it to the fully developed OS.

As for screen burn you need not be concerned! Just like AOD, the pixels on the charging status move very slightly every so often to prevent screen burn in from occuring. 🙂

Highlighted
Constellation

That's strange. I don't have that issue on my Note 10+.

Highlighted
Constellation

I haven't had this issue at all with my note 10+.

Highlighted
Constellation

Turn off the always on display and it should work

Highlighted
Constellation

I dont see how to get the time to display while charging using Screen Saver.I just upgraded from the Note 8 and this

@Buddy10165 wrote:

Turn off the always on display and it should work

Note 8 had the clock option on the screen saver.

I really would like to see the time at night while my phone is charging on my night stand.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The charging progress screen is a Samsung attempt to notify the user when the device is fully charged without turning on the screen. It may cause a screen burn, so I resolved the problem by disabling it:

• Settings
  • Screen
  • Show charge info

and using Battery 100% Ready.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I honestly don't get all the hand-wringing over screen burn-in. That is a problem endemic to phosphor-based displays (i.e. CRT and early plasma flat screens), not the current generation of liquid crystal, and certainly not AMOLED. At least, not nearly to the same degree as phosphorous.

I've used every Samsung Galaxy smartphone I've ever owned (including the Note 10+) as an on-all-night alarm clock, with huge red, blue, or green numbers displayed on it for 8 hours at a time and never experienced burn-in.

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is an option to turn off charging information while screen is off. Go to settings, select display, scroll all the way down, there is option to turn off charging information. Then it doesn't display charging info on lockscreen and Always on Display. You may have already figured out by now.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Disable slow charging information in settings. This will remove the battery info in lock screen while charging. 

Settings

Display

Slow charging information