cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userngq9xfYvTP
Constellation

Screen On While Charging Samsung Galaxy Note 10

So far in owning my new samsung galaxy Note 10+ (plus), my least favorite feature is the charge status on the lock screen. This feature makes it so that users have no choice, but to keep the charge status on their lock screen all night while charging.

This is an issue with the phone becuase of screen burn in and plain old concerns about wear due to the screen always being on. Any other phone on the market can simple have the screeen off while charging, so why can't my top of the line flagship phone simply do that. Additionally, this feature seems absolutely rediculous becuase I don't know why I would want my phone to keep the charge status on all night while I sleep! This features risks having a battery icon and status burned permanently into all of the content I view, the feature is simply not worth the risks. I hope that this is fixed to be an optional feature in upcoming updates One UI!

Currently the only solution that I have found to work is turning my phone completely off while charging (black screen saver solution is not working for me). This is an absolutely rediculous solution by the way because I can no longer even use my top of the line phone as a simple alarm clock in the morning.

Overall, the Note 10+ (plus) has been a fantastic phone so far, but this feature seems to be completely illogical and gives me concerns about the longevity of the product. Hopefully it is fixed in the near future.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen On While Charging Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Hi @userngq9xfYvTP! I can understand how this might annoy you. You will be pleased to hear that there is currently an option in the One UI 2.0 beta to disable the charging status. Hopefully it makes it to the fully developed OS.

As for screen burn you need not be concerned! Just like AOD, the pixels on the charging status move very slightly every so often to prevent screen burn in from occuring. 🙂

GaryFunk
Cosmic Ray

That's strange. I don't have that issue on my Note 10+.

userCQhN3rBZky
Asteroid

I haven't had this issue at all with my note 10+.

Buddy10165
Constellation

Turn off the always on display and it should work