cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLegendJr
Cosmic Ray

Screen Protectors

Anyone else see the Samsung release about removing any screen protectors because of the fingerprint scanner bug?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen Protectors

It is recommended by Samsung to use approved screen protectors. The current bug affects a small percentage of people at the moment. This is caused by people registering their fingerprint while the screen protector is installed. The ultrasonic waves are detecting micro dots under the screen rather than your actual fingerprint causing anyone to access your phone. Before the update gets released, Samsung is recommending all users to wipe their fingerprint data and register it again without the screen protector installed first

Samsung_msvLwWy
Astronaut

How can I get the beta?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_msvLwWy 

Instructions are pinned on the front page of the S10 section

ThatGuyTobias
Astronaut

There are various other options, that will honestly get rid of this Hassle altogether

userPwIs1BXQcF
Constellation

I would like to know whether or not Samsung plans to replace all of the preinstalled screen protectors that we are being told to remove because of this issue.  It came with one so I feel like it should be replaced for free since we have to remove it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userPwIs1BXQcF Thank you for reaching out. I have reached out to you in a private message. Please follow up with me in private messages at your earliest convenience.