cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVg7r56El3D
Astronaut

Screen protector bubbling up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've only had my phone 2 months & the "baked in" screen protector (a Samsung Representative told me that) is bubbling up & looks horrible! It's been kept in the Samsung case since the day I got it & was told I didn't need to buy a screen protector as this one was baked in when making the phone & would last years! 2 months is NOT years & for the price, it should have lasted a LOT longer. What are you going to do to make this right Samsung???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen protector bubbling up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Note 10 ships from Samsung with a screen protector which is removable. It is not a permanent part of the phone. 

I would recommend taking it to ubreakifix for evaluation. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung_XIEaoQr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Baked in"?. Is it removable? Peel it off and get a tempered glass replacement. All Galaxy's come with a film protector on them. Peel it off.replace. beautiful again.

userMGGN338Vmh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen protector doing same. Husbands got otter box bought when pre ordered and his screen protector came off a week later. Att says the otter box should have worked with it. I have lifeproof case.

userVg7r56El3D
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it's not removable, it's baked in when the phone is made, that's what Samsung told me when I bought it.

userVg7r56El3D
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is with Verizon but pre-ordered thru Samsung. Was told it would last years because it's made into the phone itself. Samsung needs to make this right, period!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Note 10 ships from Samsung with a screen protector which is removable. It is not a permanent part of the phone. 

I would recommend taking it to ubreakifix for evaluation. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userVg7r56El3D sounds like you were told some incorrect information. As @LongHiker stated, the screen protector is completely removable.

userVg7r56El3D
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for all your advice & opinions, I appreciate them. I have the call recorded with the Samsung representative where I was told the screen protectod is "baked in" during the Note 10 Plus being made. I bought it from Samsung & they are supposed to back up their products very well so I've contacted them & will let you all know what they do. Have a great day!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't matter what they said, the plastic is not "baked in", whatever that means, it's just a thin, basic screen protector, that in my opinion you don't need at all. I took mine off 10 minutes after I removed the phone from the box, and have been using it with no protector of any kind for almost 4 months, and there are no scratches yet. I used the S10 with no screen protector and Note9 with no screen protector before and they were both fine too. I don't think there is anything for Samsung to do here. These pre-intalled (which I assume is what they meant by baked in, they're not, they're just pre-intalled at a factory) screen protectors are the most basic ones there are, and they're not meant to last years. I think 2 months is actually pretty good, most people will likely have to replace them after two weeks.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LMFAO ROTFL a piece of film baked in. Peel it off and buy a new one duh!