cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUq9JfCoez6
Constellation

Screen write change screen size

This is the fourth note I have. For my work I use the function screen write everyday. Now the new screen write first crops the screen and blacks out a big portion of the screen,  this way you have less space for writing. The pen sizes are too big for writing only the smallest. 

Is there a way I can use the whole screen?.

With photo editor it is the same,  it makes no sense for me to make the screen smaller first.

I added a screen shot of screen write. See how much screen you lose. 

Please help. 

HenkScreenshot_20191020-203947_Samsung capture.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
userWfmxjVbkqy
Constellation

Re: Screen write change screen size

Omg yes please! This is thr worst part of the note 10 for me.

Whats weird is mt wife's S9 has this option, but it keeps the image in full screen mode..

userWfmxjVbkqy
Constellation

Really wish there was a solution..

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @userUq9JfCoez6 ,

It doesn't actually crop the screen, it just shrinks it to fit in that frame. You can use two fingers (un-pinch) to make the picture bigger if desired. 

In your screenshot you have the largest pen size selected. You can select the pen size by clicking on the dot furthest to the right under the captured picture. 

usery8DPawdfVw
Astronaut

I think you dont understand what the user complains about. Screen Write means you write directly to screen , not on a shrinked screenshot of screen. He means losing of work area for the operation, not a part of photo.  it was lik 1:1 screen write , now its like shrinked screen write.   i ve been using note series since note 2 too. and i am very sad about this update.

userjIaWzzOzJM
Constellation

I agree.. I have been using the Note for work since the Note 3 and the new screen write is absolutely terrible. Why would you make us have to try to write is such a small space.. if you try to zoom in and write on the picture it is easier to write, but if you forget to zoom out and hit save it will only save the cropped area, completely stupid. I love most features of the Note, but I am tired of Samsung always taking away the useful features and replacing with stupid features like air commands that don't even work that well. I mean what happen to the normal screen memo that I could easily pin to my homescreen, so I didn't always have to go into s-note for quick reminders.. please fix both.

userdmxUjs1sj3
Astronaut

Omg yes to all the above. 

I also screen write everyday I work. 

It is extremely annoying having to zoom in on this craptastic combination crop + write mode. 

Note 8 I could just hit screen write, do my writing, hit save. 

Note 10 + is: hit screen write, zoom in, write a little, move the image, write a little more, move the image, write a little more... and that's just for one line out of at least three lines I write every workday. 

Either ditch the combination crop+write mode, go back to crop having its own button and being entirely its own function, 

Or add a setting somewhere to give us old fart / veteran note users the option to disable this horrible idea of simultaneous crop+write mode that kills our writable screen real estate. We buy huge screens because we intend to use those huge screens.. NOT be limited to an area that's probably smaller than the first galaxy s#e's screen size. 

Tbh if note 10+ were even bigger than it is I'd like it that much better. But I certainly don't buy notes to not be able to use thewhole screen

userdehtAlxsa4
Constellation

Hi to all,

I don't usually post but I am astounded this has happened. I just upgraded (if you can call it that) to a note 10 plus from a note 8. I use the screen write everyday, I can't believe that Samsung had cropped the size, I have had a note 4 which worked great, I upgraded to a note 8 and the swipe to call in messages was gone, there should have been a toggle switch if you didn't want it, now with the screen write unusable I will return the note 10 an look at possibly an Apple phone, as I can screen write on my tab s4, which is inconvenient but I am having to do that now as the note 10 plus had become useless for screen writing. 

I hope this gets fixed for other users but I wont know as I am done with samsung.

userfJzVlcqZNU
Astronaut

Yes, this is ridiculous.

I've wanted the note for years and now that they have reduced the work space. It's crazy!

The waterfall screen is a stupid concept as well. I had an s7 before and specifically chose the flat screen. Some People may like the round edges with is fine but I think it is even more ridiculous on a note device as it takes away from the work space.

I'm sure they cropped the size to avoid your stylus getting hung up on the curved screen edges...

Plus it is and accident waiting to happen. You can't protect the edges with a nice raised lip case because you need access to the curves....

Samsung, please ensure that the note 14 has a flat screen to the edge.

I say note 14 because I'm sure as nuts not splashing out again soon on your next device, however, you should get it right on the next note...!

usergmLgfEHjHn
Astronaut

This is a real problem..

Is there anyway we can get this fixed?

Thank you for helping...!

Screenshot_20200116-143059_Samsung capture.jpg