cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Scrolling Wallpaper Broken in 3rd Party Launchers with One UI 2.1

I am using Nova Launcher as my home screen and with the April update to One UI 2.1 on my ATT Note 10+ I have lost the ability to scroll my home screen wallpaper. I know the default Samsung launcher could not scroll, but at least the 3rd party launchers worked before. Please fix and/or change whatever was done to prevent them from working too.
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Scrolling Wallpaper Broken in 3rd Party Launchers with One UI 2.1

Did you try to reboot it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Noobboi wrote:

Did you try to reboot it?

Thanks for the tip. Yes, multiple times and no go. Also tried other launchers, besides Nova and same result. No longer scrolls the way it did prior to this update.
Cosmic Ray

Not the only problem you'll encounter. Sad to say it, but true. This update was poorly inspected before launch. There are some critical bugs.  If you play any relatively power hungry games you're in for a major disappointment. Poor frame rate, lag, and freezing. I play pubg mobile pretty seriously as a recreational gamer, and its become unbearable to play. The slowdown of the game has really affected my ranking. 

My finger print sensor only works about 20% of the time now and even when it does it takes multiple attempts. 

Good luck!  Hope to see a fix like yesterday! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

It could also maybe if your storage and memory is always very full. When a phone has 1% storage left, it starts to slow down apps. If it has full memory all the time, it will also slow down the apps, but also make it not as smooth.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sorry, plenty of GB left in the storage. As I mentioned, no other change to the phone. Just the update from One UI 2.0 to One UI 2.1 yesterday. Multiple reboots and still same issue. You should give it a try and see if it works for you on one of the phones with One UI 2.1.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes, that's true

Highlighted
Product Expert

Did you check to make sure the app is compatible with the new software? When using 3rd party apps the app developer has to change the app to match the software update. Check if there is an update for the app if there isnt one contact the app developer by email which is listed in the app store and they will adjust the app to match the new software. Due to the software being so new some 3rd party apps havent had a chance to update. You should see an update for them soon

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for the note. I have checked with the app developer and was told this is a mistake in the Samsung software and needs to be fixed on their side. Also, as noted, I've tried several other launchers that offer the same feature and it is now broken in all of them. This was clearly a change to One UI 2.1 or associated software that broke this feature.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue here with S10e and lots of free GB. Wallpaper scrolling worked fine until the last UI update ☹️. Please Samsung, fix this. We are a lot of users asking the same... Thank you!