cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGEx4mPXKMD
Constellation

Secure Startup

This feature appears to not be on Note 10+. This was one of the best features the phone had and it needs to be added back. Not sure why the feature was removed, but should be added back. I utilize all of the security features the samsung phones offer as it has my work email and other important things I like to keep secured. Does anyone know of any app or another feature this phone has that requires a password before the phone actually starts up?
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Secure Startup

userGEx4mPXKMD
Constellation

Strong protection does not function the same. The phone would not completely start until after the pin was entered with secure startup. With secure startup, you could see nothing but the keypad to enter the pin and was encrypted. Once the pin is entered, the phone starts and you still have to enter pin again to unlock the phone.

With strong protection, can see the lock screen photo and the option of just the one pin.

Secure Startup - Note8.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userGEx4mPXKMD wrote:

... The phone would not completely start until after the pin was entered with secure startup. With secure startup, you could see nothing but the keypad to enter the pin and was encrypted. Once the pin is entered, the phone starts and you still have to enter pin again to unlock the phone.

That is exactly what happens when you use the steps described in that thread to enable strong protection. 

RealSoap
Astronaut

Device encryption. I'm glad you brought that up!! Why is there no device encryption on a flagship device that touts its enhanced security?! "Strong Protection" doesn't explicitly describe a method of encryption, nor does it make me feel at all protected. Shady move @samsung, protect us.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@RealSoap @userGEx4mPXKMD secure startup was renamed. Strong protection functions essentially the same, and does in fact encrypt the device. The device doesn't completely start until after the pin is entered, just like secure startup. Hope this clears somethings up! 🙂