JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Security policy restricts use of camera on Note 10+

(Topic created: 01-08-2021 09:35 PM)
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried each of the suggestions including yours twice. Any other ideas before I do a factory reset which I really dread doing? Thank you! I have a Note 10+ if that matters, but I don't see anything regarding this device and this issue.

14 Replies
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sorry i meant to reply to the mod.

0 Likes
Solution
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So I took my device to the Samsung shop you break I fix and they didn't have any ideas either. I went home and factory reset it. it works fine now. I've lost my ability to get into my gmail because I didn't turn of the security setting that checks with your phone to let you into your account. But other than that, the camera is working. Thanks for everyone's time and help!
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you able to open the camera app at all?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It opens long enough to see the controls at the bottom with a black screen. Then the security message comes up and closes. Thanks
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you able to click the gear in the top left corner?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No it doesn't show up. Only the controls at the bottom.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Give this a try: go to settings > apps > camera > before clicking on camera click on the gear on the right hand side > scroll to the bottom and click on reset settings > then tap on reset

0 Likes
userVvuGmCEtSg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No joy. I even did what you suggested and reset the cache before trying to open the camera app. I appreciate your help!

EDIT: I even tried using a different camera app and it says it can't use the camera.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for that information. I would recommend a software reflash. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

0 Likes