cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user58yDUDhIaq
Constellation

Re: Slow Wifi speed on Note 10 Plus

@userEP94Uk0OpL - Did you update to the latest firmware released yesterday? It has support specifically for Samsung devices to have better data transfer speeds. Unfortunately, with the update, my issue was not resolved with the used router that I  got via eBay, but my brand new router purchased via Amazon works fine with my phone, but it sometimes has issues with a random device in my home. I would advise you to return your router and get new one. If issue still exists, just get R7800 (under $100 on eBay, which is Wifi-5 only, but has excellent specs. You may not need Wifi6 router at this time) and wait for second wave of Wifi-6 routers. The first draft Wifi6 routers are buggy and you may encounter issues now or even in future with another device or update. See if you can do with wireless ac only, my favorite are R7800 and R9000 from netgear.

usereBa9RcYq5w
Astronaut

Hello from Germany

This is a bug i already noticed and spent hours and hours with my Note 10 Plus and Asus AX88U !!! Now after 2 Month i give up. If you have 2 same 5GHZ Networks in your house (for better coverage) with the same SSID you can
see what is happening. My Internet Provider Speed is 200 down and 80 up. When first connected to the Asus Wifi 6 Router everything is fine. Than when you go one floor up you will get connected to the Other (i have tested both Asus AI and also as normal Access point via Ethernet ) Router and everything is ok. But than when you go back and connect again with the Asus AX88u in Wifi6 the Download speed on my Note 10 Plus is capped at 4-7 mbps down and 10 up !!! from 200/80. This is only affecting on the new Asus AX88u and Note 10 Plus and it doasn't metter if you switch Wifi6 or use Wifi5 AC . I tested also without 160 Mhz and every other mode nothing is changing. The sync on the Note 10 Plus is 1200 mbps on 5 GHZ so the most possible sync between note 10 device and the Router !! But after you connect to the same SSID on other channel in your house you will have this bug when returning to the Asus AX88u ! Only way is WIFI off and ON and all Speed are back again on Note 10. I have written to Samsung but no one replyed. With other devices like IPAD Pro 12.9 2018 or some Xiaomi devices everything works fine. Only Note 10 Plus is having this Bug . Most of the People will not notice it because almost all services will run fine for them with 10 mbps but i do because i always have my note 10 with Network Data in Statusbar and want to know all the time my network speed etc.
Sry for my English but i hope you understand. Definitly a AX88u Bug !

UPDATE: I tested with new Firmware from 25 of November they seemed to fixed it !!!

Update again : The Bug is still there! Almost every time when u roam in your house and reach again the wifi 6 router from Asus.

Again I have two wifi in my house with same ssid and different channels. It doesn't matter if you put the second router in access point mode or normal router(connected via ethernet cat 6 to Asus) . I also tryed a second Asus Router in Asus Mesh mode wired and over WiFi. Still same behavior.

When first connected to the Asus rt ax 88u with my note 10 plus everything is fine. The wifi sync is 1200 mbps when in same room and I get all of my isp bandwidth 200/80 from my provider. When I move upstairs and reach the second Hotspot the phone automatically switches to the other router (also tested different once). Also here everything is OK you get the full bandwidth up and down. But as soon as you return to the wifi 6 coverage of the rt ax88u the wifi speeds are dropping to almost 4-7 mbps! Down and maximum 20-30 up. Really strange behavior the sync is normal with 1200 mbps but you get no bandwidth! When moving up to the other network everything works fine again.

Also tryed with switching of ax mode but same problem with AC mode. This is a huge bug with Galaxy note 10 plus and Asus AX 88u Router

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usereBa9RcYq5w Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry ​​​​​​​

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.