cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
big_oh_tea
Asteroid

Smart Call not showing all features (places)

After updating to Android 10, the places menu that should be at the bottom is not there . I've tried deleting the cache and the data from the Smart Call app and restarting my phone as well...still doesn't show. Screenshot_20191222-004018_Phone.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Smart Call not showing all features (places)

Have you checked if your location permission is toggled on for that app? 

big_oh_tea
Asteroid

I just did and I don't even see that app listed on the list of applications eligible to have the location enabled....even when selecting the "show system " option. 

Even stranger....when I go to the settings of the phone app (the stock one that comes with the phone), when I go to the settings and select "other call settings", the option to turn on 'search for places nearby' isn't even visible. Screenshot_20191222-092318_Call settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191222-092449_Chrome.jpg

userXSiDoBoGEj
Constellation

I have the same issue, although I did see that my location permission was under denied permission. Giving it this permission had no effect, still  don't have  places or option in app to turn it on. 

big_oh_tea
Asteroid

What type of phone do you have? And is it unlocked or carrier specific?

userYmqGjcmMos
Constellation

I am having the same issue, I am also on AT&T so it must be missing from their update. Not sure why they would cut a feature out but apparently they have. Weird.