cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Smart View Needs an Audio Option - Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need an option to keep the audio playing on my Note 10+ when I cast using the Smart View feature on the phone. So I can listen through my Bluetooth earbuds when I'm casting to my Vizio TV.

I only want the video to cast.

And I don't have a Samsung TV so I can't use the Samsung Connect app to give me that option.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Smart View Needs an Audio Option - Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe it!

I actually found a setting that allows this!

In the pull down menu, long press on the Bluetooth icon to launch Bluetooth settings.

Screenshot_20191210-114906_Settings.jpg

Click ADVANCED at the top.

Screenshot_20191210-114912_Settings.jpg

Turn on DUAL AUDIO.

It will prompt you a pop up window saying MEDIA VOLUME SYNC must be turned off in order to turn on DUAL AUDIO.

This just means the volume control on your Bluetooth device will work independently from the phone's volume level setting.

But the audio will only come through your Bluetooth device while the video is being cast to any smart display, Samsung or not, using the Smart View option in your pull down menu.

You may have to turn your Bluetooth device off and back on after getting it set.

Excellent!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Comet

Re: Smart View Needs an Audio Option - Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe it!

I actually found a setting that allows this!

In the pull down menu, long press on the Bluetooth icon to launch Bluetooth settings.

Screenshot_20191210-114906_Settings.jpg

Click ADVANCED at the top.

Screenshot_20191210-114912_Settings.jpg

Turn on DUAL AUDIO.

It will prompt you a pop up window saying MEDIA VOLUME SYNC must be turned off in order to turn on DUAL AUDIO.

This just means the volume control on your Bluetooth device will work independently from the phone's volume level setting.

But the audio will only come through your Bluetooth device while the video is being cast to any smart display, Samsung or not, using the Smart View option in your pull down menu.

You may have to turn your Bluetooth device off and back on after getting it set.

Excellent!

View solution in original post