cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

Smart View only works after fresh restart of phone

With my VZW Galaxy Note 10 +, Smart View can only connect to my devices after a fresh restart of the phone. It sees all my Chromecast devices and connects perfectly the first time after restart. Sometimes it will connect again if I disconnect and then connect again right away, but eventually stops working. This is the same with my 2 Chromecast video devices, my Chromecast audio device, and my 2 Google Home Mini's.  It still sees the devices after that, but selecting one just shows "connecting..." for a long time and never connects unless I restart the handset again.

By the way, no such issue with previous Note 8 and Note 9 with same devices.

Also, my Google Home app on the same phone is able to connect to the devices even after Smart View failed.

I tried stopping the Smart View service, and checked all permissions, checked WiFi, blah blah blah - remember, it works perfectly after a fresh restart of phone.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart View only works after fresh restart of phone

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out. May I ask when did this start happening? Have you downloaded any third-party apps recently?

user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

JoJo, I've only had the Note 10 Plus about a week. I installed the same apps I had on my Note 9. I installed everything fresh - I did not restore from any backup. I haven't had the phone long enough to know if it ever worked right. My Note 9 died, I bought this one, spend a few days installing everything and setting it up, and then noticed this issue when I started using Smart View.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for following up. Can I please the full model number of the TV your a trying to connect to via smart view?

user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

Well, as I stated, it's 2 Chromecast Video devices, 1 Chromecast Audio device, and 2 Google Home Mini's. It's not a TV, and it's not one specific device. It won't connect to anything, except after a fresh restart.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you able to connect your 2 Chromecast Video devices, 1 Chromecast Audio device, and 2 Google Home Mini's to another device?

user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

Yes, they still work with my old Note 8 without issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

It did not help

user4uJEYpHN7i
Asteroid

Is that it? No ideas?