cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gotothelibrary
Asteroid

So angry with Samsung and Best Buy customer service

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years. I always preorder/buy my cell phones from our local Best Buy. My husband and I both do and we have been very happy with the service we’ve received. Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with my most recent cell phone buying experience. I was told that preorders for the Note 10+ would be taken until August 22nd and the pick-up date would be August 23rd. Having the pick up date on the 23rd meant that I would have my new phone just in time for my family vacation. Then I was told (after nearly completing the preorder process) that the actual pick up date would be August 30th. I was disappointed about this because that would mean that I would not have my new phone to use for our family vacation at all. Although I was disappointed, I was still looking forward to having my new phone shortly after we returned home. On August 30th, I was anxiously awaiting a notification as to when I could pick up my new phone. We decided to check the order status online (again). This time it said that it could take up to another month to receive my Note 10+. After the disappointment of not having my new phone for my family vacation, I now had to deal with more disappointment in learning that I would not have my new phone in time for my daughter’s first concert. This may not seem that important because I still have my current phone, but it is to me. As much as I love my Note 8, it is getting older. The battery life is not what it used to be. In fact, the battery died during the concert which was very upsetting. I was really looking forward to having my Note 10+ for these events for the battery life and the amazing new camera. But really, even if I hadn’t needed it, it was promised to me on a certain date and not delivered. That is not good customer service, no matter what my personal circumstances were. I spoke to an associate at Best Buy yesterday who told me that they never even received any of the model of phone that I preordered. Why would they have people preorder and then not actually deliver the phones that were promised to people? Why has the delivery date been moved back twice? Why does Best Buy still have no idea when they will have the phones that were promised? I have been contacting Best Buy and Samsung customer service for the last two days. From Best Buy I just get: "We don't know why we don't have them. It's a problem on Samsung's end." From Samsung I get answers like, "There are no shortages or delays that we know of." or "You need to contact Best Buy." or "We can't do anything about that because you didn't order directly from us." I paid off my old phone and paid the tax on the new one on the day of my preorder. Now someone is dropping the ball and not holding up their end of the agreement. If I cancel my order I will lose the preorder promotions. They did not deliver what was promised when it was promised. What's worse is that I can't get any real answers from anyone. This is so frustrating! It is ridiculous and unacceptable to treat loyal and paying customers this way!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: So angry with Samsung and Best Buy customer service

Why not cancel order and buy something else? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

gotothelibrary
Asteroid

Thank you for the phone number. I'll try that. I hope it's not the people I already spoke to and got nowhere with.

gotothelibrary
Asteroid

I'm considering it. But I still want the phone and if I cancel I lose the preorder promotions.

Understand and wish you best luck.  I reached my boiling point with Samsung and switched to an iPhone 8+.  Perfect no.  Without challenges no.  Without Samsung headaches YES.

Highlighted
userrS3uC0koXD
Cosmic Ray

Exactly. I shelled out $1300+ for the note 10+ and it won't even get signal anywhere. Many others have this issue as well.

Returned it and picked up my way less expensive OnePlus 7 pro that isn't filled with bloat ware and is way more smooth. Oh and actually gets service to make calls on. That's important too

From all I read seems like a solid choice.  In my case I had a personal need to be able to communicate with someone who uses Apple Facetime so it was either Apple phone or tablet and I recently bought the Chromebook I use so phone was the better choice for me.

Shabootz
Constellation

I have been having the same issue with this. I ordered my Note 10+ on August 12th. My preorder email stated that I would be able to pick up the phone on the 23rd. I did not get any info on pick up until 7 pm when it changed to "pick up is now the 30th". I waited until the 30th to see if I would be getting my phone in and again, no updated info until nearly 7 pm when I got an email from Best Buy stating that there is a delay in picking up my device and if Best Buy cannot get the phone in by Sept 29th that they will cancel my order. I called cooperate support for Best Buy yesterday (Sept 2nd) and asked what the deal was. The gentleman that I talked to was saying that Best Buy has been having an issue with their system notifying it's employees when a preordered device shows up. He suggested that I call and give them all of my order detail and ask them to go search their current inventory for my device. I called the Best Buy that I ordered from and gave them all my order info. They admitted that their system has been doing some weird things with the all the Note 10 preorders and went and looked in their inventory for my order. Sadly they did not have it in and was told that there are 0 Best Buys in the state that currently have the Note 10 + in Aura Glow for Verizon (what I ordered) and that they have no real idea when it will show up. The Best Buy mobile rep that I had talked to told me that it's both a Samsung issue with not making enough phones to meet demand and also Best Buys issue with the way their system has been glitching with the preorders. I was told that no matter what my preorder would not be sold on accident when it comes in they just aren't sure when that it will come in.

gotothelibrary
Asteroid

That's the exact phone I ordered too. I'm still trying to get something accomplished with both Best Buy and Samsung customer service. It's not easy. I was on the phone with a representative from Samsung for a half hour yesterday (who knew nothing) before they finally transferred me to someone who said they could help and would take a detailed report to the executives. If I have any luck with that, I'll let you know.