cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alight1
Asteroid

So much for having an UNLOCKLED phone, guess it's about to be TEAM APPLE

I can say that samsung is officially about to lose a customer thanks to their customers service. I bought an unlocked Note 10+ and activated it on At&t's network. The first red flag that something was wrong with my phone was the fact that At&t had a lot of trouble trying to get it activated. They told me that there was an issue with my IMEI number and that they had to elevatate the issue to get it fixed. After a couple days they got the phone activated correctly but then they were having other issue with how the phone was reading on their side. Now I thought that it was just their issue as far as not knowing how to handle unlocked phones.  Anyone who has At&t knows that their customer service is not always the brightest. So after dealing with that and finding out that certain features like wifi calling do not work with unlocked phones, I decided that it was time to move to a carrier with better service in my area because At&t wasn't cutting it without that feature. Here is where the real issue begins! I tried to take my phone to Xfinity Mobile, which uses Verzions network, and they told me that my phone is coming up as uncompatible with their network. Now this was suprising considering I watched 2 people before me with unlocked Note 10's get there phones activated no problem. So I decided to call Samsung because obviously this issue At&t was having with my IMEI number was a real thing. The rep with Samsung told me and I quote, "that it probably didn't work because Xfinity is an off brand service provider." Really!!?? That's what you have to say!?! Then she says that if there is a really isssue that I would need to take my phone into uBreakiFix before Samsung would even do anything warranty-wise. Already I feel like this is wrong considering I bought and unlocked phone and can't take my phone to any carrier. Heck I ever called Verizon, which is not a so called "off brand provider", and they told me the same thing. My phone is not compatible with their network. So to appease Samsung I went to uBreakiFix and they attempt to install fresh software on the phone and the phone would not take the software update. They told me that there is clearly something going on with the phone. To cover all the bases they ran a diagnostic on the phone, factory reset it, and reinstalled everything and it still would not accept their update. After that I tried entering my IMEI number in Verizon's compatiblity site and it still came up as not compatible. uBreakiFix notated everything in their system so Samsung could see everything they did. Now at this point you would think that Samsung would agree to send me a replacement. NOPE! They have the nerve to tell me that uBreakiFix is a third party repair and they cannot go off of their infomation. So why the heck did you send me there in the first place??? They then said that I would have to send my phone in to their actually repair facility and if they cannot fix it then they would send me out a replacement. So you mean as a loyal customer who has been with you for YEARS, I would have to go without a phone for however long it takes for you to "figure out" what is wrong with my phone and then either send it back or give me a new one. REALLY!! So what the heck am I suppose to use in the mean time while you have my phone??? I'm really so done at this point and even though I don't care for Apple, at least I know that if something is wrong with my phone I can get the issue resolve that day. Apple is smart enough to actually have stores that you can go into. Samsung if you can't offer a place where people can actually take their phones in locally to get their issues resolved then I feel like you are obligated to send replacements for your defective phones! Guess it's about to be team Apple here I come, ugh!

14 REPLIES 14
Torinmezzer
Cosmic Ray

Re: So much for having an UNLOCKLED phone, guess it's about to be TEAM APPLE

lets be honest, if you even consider apple then you dont care about phones

Alight1
Asteroid

Lets be real if you don't care about having a working phone then you don't care about life.

Odingamble143
Astronaut

Where did you buy the unlocked phone from??? It could be blacklisted since it seems to have all this trouble connecting to carriers

Alight1
Asteroid

I bought it straight from Samsung.

userrclS6K8G59
Constellation

Probably better off trying T-mobile. I'm using my note 10+ on their network with no issues at all.

Alight1
Asteroid

That would be an option but T-mobile doesn't have good service in my area.

Keltik79
Cosmic Ray

I had the same issue with my unlocked Note 10+ on T-mobile. When setting up I got terrible reception and t-mobile said they could see my phone but there were compatibility issues they couldn't address. Something with the unlocked phone was causing issues. Samsung customers service said the same thing, they would not exchange my 3 day old phone. I would have to return it for a refund then have to purchase a new one possibly losing the preorder deals. Absolutely ridiculous so not wanting to deal with Samsung customer service I've just dealt with it hoping a patch would come out.

Alight1
Asteroid

Smh. Considering how they are acting like there is nothing wrong, I don't see a patch coming out for a while to fix this issue. I honestly didn't realize how many people have had a similar issue and there are a lot. I really wish Samsung would look into it more.

SamLag
Halo

Bye bye Felicia