cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syrenity
Constellation

So.... why?

Why make the headphones port and charging port the same slot? I'm not sure if this is such a good thing. If I'm in a pinch, I can't just use any headphones. Or I can't charge my phone WHILE I LISTEN TO MUSIC. With headphones obviously.

12 REPLIES 12
usergJw2MHRiF1
Asteroid

Re: So.... why?

Get galaxy buds

Syrenity
Constellation

Bro. I said in a pinch. I don't think they sell galaxy buds in your local convenience store...

Comet

@Syrenity wrote:

Bro. I said in a pinch. I don't think they sell galaxy buds in your local convenience store...

But you can find a cheaper pair of bluetooth headphones just about anywhere that will provide what you need.  If you really do prefer wired headphones, your fast charger will boost your battery quick enough that the bluetooth headphones can sub in while you charge for a half hour or less.  Just an option

Hydrobud
Asteroid

There's a dongle so you can charge and listen to music at the same time. I'm sorry to tell you but Bluetooth is the way of the future can Galaxy buds are great. And by the way I actually think you probally could get a pair of bluetooth headphones at your local convenience store or gas station these days

Comet

Or absolutely any bluetooth headphones.

Samsung_LTi21Gd
Constellation

Yeah I know what you mean. The only thing I know without buying expensive galaxy buds is to get a wireless charger on Amazon.com so you can charge your phone and listen to your headphones. Good luck.

user2FMRFCj4Om
Constellation

The solution to your problem have a name "ear buds" have a great night!

KennyG8s
Constellation

You are absolutely correct, I recently found out that Samsung just bought Harmon Kardon which also owns JBL so know that as I find JBL to be one of the best Audio Companies ever....Sound and battery life for Bluetooth, good things are sure to come of this collaboration as everyone knows Apple bought beats...the race for audio/cellphone domination benefits us all.

Highlighted

Bluetooth unfortunately is being forced upon us these days with companies releasing their own wireless options. A jack to USB C with charge port adapter maybe the best route for you now. Walmart has them darn cheap. To be fair though, with my Note 10+ I've never really ran out of battery in a day because the battery life is that good so I've never needed to use headphones at the same time as wanting to charge. As good as I've heard the current buds are I'm patiently waiting for Samsung to release their next buds to see if the audio quality will improve. Then I'll probably throw some money at them.