JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Some issues with alarms and text bubbles

(Topic created: 02-24-2020 09:34 AM)
userrs3kduEboJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello! I have some issues so far involving my note 10 that I got  yesterday, these have been bothering me already and hope to try and remedy them.

The first is that I was wondering if there was a way to seperate my alarm volume from my ringtones, there was a feature for this before but it seems nonexistent now.

Additionally I've been having issues with adding new sounds to my notification and ringtone list. I would tap add but all it would do is give me a bubble thats says "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in Settings" and it would have, in blue, the word settings on the end. It seems like an interactable but when I try to click it all it does is act on the option behind it.

7 Replies
Solution
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi!

• If you tap on your alarm in the "Clock" app, then tap on the words "Alarm sound', you will see the volume slider at the bottom.
  • For your notification sounds issue, try this: Go into "Settings" / "Apps". Tap the dots in the upper right hand corner, then select "Show system apps". Scroll through the list till you find "Sound picker", and tap on it. Tap on "Permissions", then make sure "Storage" is allowed.

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay, thats the custom sound issue solved, but I think I need to rephrase the issue with the alarm. I had it set to a volume I desired before, but with my phone in vibratw all the alarm did was make my phone vibrate instead of ringing like it was supposed to.

0 Likes
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In Clock settings, is "Vibrate for alarms and timers" on or off?

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It was on

0 Likes
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try turning it off and see if that solves it. 

userrs3kduEboJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you! That did it!

Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great!